Please help, Need Help Picking Budget Closed Back Over Ear Wired
Feb 10, 2018 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hockey930

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I have been lurking here for a bit reading what you all have written in reviews and am getting close to making a purchase.
I am looking for a set of Over ear, Closed back, wired headphones. My primary use will be on a desktop computer with onboard sound that is currently running to a dayton audio chip amp/headphone amp. My guess is that their second use would be powered of my cell phone (s8).
I am looking somewhere around the $100 price range new or used.
The only decent (to me) set of headphones that I have are in ear vsonic Gr-02 bass that I thoroughly enjoy powered off of an asus U3 sound card.
Below is my loose list of what I have been looking at so far. Any suggestions you may have are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

sennheiser 598cd used
Audio-Technica M40X
Soundmagic hp151
Status audio cb-1
BeyerDynamic DT 770 Headphones 16 ohm
Creative Aurvana Live!

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 4
Creative Aurvana Live! should be on the list. Not built to take abuse, but they have a warm, engaging sound. Pads are a bit small, but very soft, and they are lightweight.

Feb 11, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 4
I just got a pair of used status audio cb-1's from amazon sold by status audio fulfilled by amazon in "very good condition" for $44 shipped. Defiantly on the lower end of what I was looking at but for that kind of money it kind of leaves me open to buying another set in the not so distant future. This will be my break in to the poor mans headphone game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back