PLEASE HELP: "Sennheiser MX 880" or "AKG K 319" or "Yuin PK2"?
Oct 2, 2010 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rectah

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm new to this site, I stumbled upon it while doing some research on headphones. I really like it here, seems like alot of you are really into this and I would really appreciate it if I could get your advice on which new headphones to get. I know there's alot of threads that might've helped me decide for myself but I kinda don't have the time to look through em all right now.

Anyway, the situation is this. I want some new earbuds, NOT the type that go deep into your ears though (which is what most stores seem to only sell now). I've boughten all kinds of earphones from many different brands (all less than $30) and I never seem to be satisfied with the sound quality, which is why I want to upgrade to one of these more expensive ones. "In Ear Canal" earphones are way too uncomfortable for me and I do not like being completely isolated from all surrounding sounds. I use my ipod everyday, on the bus while on my way to school/work, so regular headphones are too big/clunky for me to be carrying around, plus I do not live in the safest of neighborhoods and big headphones can attract attention from the local stick up kids 
triportsad.gif

The most important thing for me is the sound quality. I am very picky with the way I like songs to sound. I do not know all the audio terminology but I'm going to try to explain what I like and don't like lol. I hate it when the sound from earphones is super loud and really thin which is how most of those $10 earphones sound. I like it when the sound is rich and crisp. The bass has to sound just right, I can't stand it when the bass is too loud and makes songs blurry? I love it when I could almost listen to all parts of a beat seperately, drums, guitar, keyboard, vocals, everything sounds real clear. I have some Audio-Technica Monitor headphones (ATH-M50) that I use to record/monitor in my home studio so I kinda know what I'm talking about and what I want out of these new earbuds even if it seems like I'm a straight up noob
rolleyes.gif

I know earbuds won't get me that superior headphones sound quality but I atleast want something better than those crappy things I buy at Target/Best Buy. So please help me out, I kinda narrowed it down to these three earbuds...

Sennheiser MX 880
 http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphones_earbuds-and-ear-canal-headphones_sound-fashion-fun_502869
AKG K 319
 http://www.akg.com/personal/K%20319,pcp_id,270,pid,825,_psmand,12.html
Yuin PK2
 http://yuin-acoustic.com/product/?id=3

Let me know which ones you guys think are better, what qualities they have, what I might/might not like about them, anything that you think might be helpful! I'm open to new suggestions too, as long as they're within the same price range ($70-$100) but remember, they have to be earbuds and NOT the deep penetration kind either lol. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back