Please tell me how I should improve this system!!!
May 30, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I have a Sennheizer 2.0 Momentum attached to a Logitech 5-Z300 (5.1 surround sound) system, which is plugged into a SoundBlaster Rx/5 soundcard. What is the cheapest way I can improve this setup that will be noticeable?

Upgrade the speakers. But if you need surround for gaming, the speaker upgrade will not be cheap - at minimum you need a 5.1 set with larger drivers and a better amp, like the HiVi M60, but that one costs more than getting large 5.1 HT speakers and an HT receiver (and if you go with these, you'd be better off using HDMI; but then running virtual surround to the headphones will be a problem since you'll need the soundcard for that, unless the HT receiver has it and has a decent built in headphone amp).

Maybe get the new Sound Blaster X AE-5, but since the selling point on that one is that it has a decent headphone amp and your headphones don't require power (just the lower output impedance of a decent amp circuit), you'd just get some improvement on the headphone, and probably nothing noticeable through the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back