Popular Classical Music
Aug 24, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #7,657 of 8,751
Hi Mr Light Man, I’m back from my unforgettable holiday with my wife and daughter, celebrating many things, being alive and healthy and together... We went to Orlando and NYC and then a tour of Ontario and Quebec in Canada. Fantastic trip with many unforgettable moments including a couple of modern music concerts, Fitz and the Tantrums and Andy Grammer in Cantral Park and Jason Derulo near Montreal. No classical concerts, but hopefully we will see many this next season in Madrid with great orquestras visiting. Lots of amazing nature in Canada, so beautiful.

Here

Stabat Mater’ - Antonin Dvorak - Dir. Christoph König - OSYCRTVE​

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #7,660 of 8,751
Hi Mr Light Man, I’m back from my unforgettable holiday with my wife and daughter, celebrating many things, being alive and healthy and together... We went to Orlando and NYC and then a tour of Ontario and Quebec in Canada. Fantastic trip with many unforgettable moments including a couple of modern music concerts, Fitz and the Tantrums and Andy Grammer in Cantral Park and Jason Derulo near Montreal. No classical concerts, but hopefully we will see many this next season in Madrid with great orquestras visiting. Lots of amazing nature in Canada, so beautiful.

Hi Luis, Glad you and yours had a great time in Canada. We're not as enriched with classical fests/concerts as in Europe, but Nature compensates with sublime scenery and experiences. Next time, do visit the Rockies out in Alberta!
Best
CM

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #7,661 of 8,751
Hi Luis, Glad you and yours had a great time in Canada. We're not as enriched with classical fests/concerts as in Europe, but Nature compensates with sublime scenery and experiences. Next time, do visit the Rockies out in Alberta!
Best
CM
Thank you Canadian Maestro. I have seen only a very small part but you have a really beautiful country. I did not miss the classical concerts with the breathtaking Nature. They told me to visit Jasper National Park for the next visit. I would love to. What a dream!
Here some Brahms

Brahms: Klavierkonzert Nr. 2 | Igor Levit & Alan Gilbert | SHMF 2022 | NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchester​

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #7,662 of 8,751
Thank you Canadian Maestro. I have seen only a very small part but you have a really beautiful country. I did not miss the classical concerts with the breathtaking Nature. They told me to visit Jasper National Park for the next visit. I would love to. What a dream!
Here some Brahms

Love Brahms' 2nd piano!! Especially that horn that opens the piece, wow. So many versions -- Fleisher, Pollini, Barenboim, etc.

Jasper is a sweet place, less touristy than Banff and quieter even in peak summer season. Near Jasper, be sure to see tiny Spirit Island by boat tour cruise. https://www.banffjaspercollection.c.../stories/8-amazing-facts-about-spirit-island/

Rent a car and drive from Jasper to Banff on highway 93, via Lake Louise. Splurge -- stay at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and then Banff Springs Hotel (they filmed Marilyn Monroe's movie, River of No Return, at the Banff Springs!).

cheers
CM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back