Porsche Panamera turbo S vs Mercedes CLS 63 AMG with performance package
Jun 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

basketball

500+ Head-Fier
Which of the following would you buy? The Panamera turbo s costs 60k more. But it is probably better. I think the Panamera would be faster.

But that CLS 63 AMG exhaust note is unparallel.

Post your opinions below.

Feel free to talk about other sports and exotic rides.

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 62
I'd rather have a CLK AMG Black than either of those. And if I needed 4-doors I'd probably get an E60 M5 just for the V10. I'm not a big fan of newer cars. 
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 62
The clk and c63 rar lights share many traits. I actually think the clk looks more like the 2003 accord rear lights. 

For me though I prefer 4-door sedans rather than 2-doors. 4 is way more practical. I'd buy the c63 sedan.

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 62

Those two look quiet the same. 

The good thing with the panamera turbo Is that nothing looks like it! Not even close.

Did you watch matt farah's review on the porsche panamera turbo s?

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 62
Quote:

Those two look quiet the same. 

The good thing with the panamera turbo Is that nothing looks like it! Not even close.

Did you watch matt farah's review on the porsche panamera turbo s?

Yeah, TSM is amazing.
I'm not a big fan of the Panamera though. 
You got me there with the CLK haha. I guess MB designs their cars after Honda.

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #9 of 62
So you would rather buy the cls63 Amg with performance package?

I haven't driven any of the two but I really really want to drive the Panamera turbo s.

The smoking tire is really good show. I wish Matt Farah would make more shows! I do understand he is very busy and doesn't get paid for it.

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #10 of 62
Quote:
So you would rather buy the cls63 Amg with performance package?

I haven't driven any of the two but I really really want to drive the Panamera turbo s.

The smoking tire is really good show. I wish Matt Farah would make more shows! I do understand he is very busy and doesn't get paid for it.

He does have another show. It's "Tuned" on www.youtube.com/drive. His 2nd season starts July 9th.

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #11 of 62
On the other hand, this is why the V6 Accord coupe (manual) is on my short list when I get out of school. They are fast, and undeniably classy beyond their cost.
Quote:

For this reason alone I prefer the 4-door too. :p

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #12 of 62
Don't get excited with the accord. The c63 coupe is 10 times more luxurious in the interior. 2 times faster. Better quality materials. And on the outside, the c63 has smother curves and everything flows nicer. The Mercedes is twice the cost though.

I would rather buy the 2.0T Genesis over the accord. The accords are undeniably reliable though.

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #13 of 62
Quote:
Don't get excited with the accord. The c63 coupe is 10 times more luxurious in the interior. 2 times faster. Better quality materials. And on the outside, the c63 has smother curves and everything flows nicer. The Mercedes is twice the cost though.
I would rather buy the 2.0T Genesis over the accord. The accords are undeniably reliable though.

I have to keep my dreams somewhat realistic
wink.gif
, I've driven a couple of the new accords (work at a Toyota/Lexus dealership, but we get used Hondas quite a bit), and they seem quite nice enough inside for me to be happy with them. I don't really want for exotic wood or carbon fiber, just a well designed, ergonomic, and comfortable interior that's well styled. And yeah, they run forever, and should be ~10k used by the time I can afford another car.

the 2.0T Genesis is nice, but that small of a car as a daily driver is unrealistic. And if I was going for a pure sports car, I'd go with the new Scion FRS, I greatly prefer its handling/balance (and the Subaru boxer engine purrs so sweetly). No holds barred, I'd take a Lexus IS-F, which has an incredibly aggressive stance, and the sexiest quad exhaust in production. It's like a bodyguard in an Armani tux with an m4 in his hand. Refined, but still clearly capable of sudden, violent movements.

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #14 of 62
A few years ago I worked at a high end body shop. Every car that we worked on we were required to take it out for a test drive after we repaired it. The road that we used was a mile of interstate. I had a SL65 AMG that I needed to check for wind noise. That car was so nice and fast. Man was it fast. That car was a rocket. I love Porsche, but if I had $200k I think that would be my car.

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #15 of 62
I have to keep my dreams somewhat realistic :wink: , I've driven a couple of the new accords (work at a Toyota/Lexus dealership, but we get used Hondas quite a bit), and they seem quite nice enough inside for me to be happy with them. I don't really want for exotic wood or carbon fiber, just a well designed, ergonomic, and comfortable interior that's well styled. And yeah, they run forever, and should be ~10k used by the time I can afford another car.

the 2.0T Genesis is nice, but that small of a car as a daily driver is unrealistic. And if I was going for a pure sports car, I'd go with the new Scion FRS, I greatly prefer its handling/balance (and the Subaru boxer engine purrs so sweetly). No holds barred, I'd take a Lexus IS-F, which has an incredibly aggressive stance, and the sexiest quad exhaust in production. It's like a bodyguard in an Armani tux with an m4 in his hand. Refined, but still clearly capable of sudden, violent movements.
[/quote

I mean you can't go wrong with an accord. Everything goes for it. Reliability, longevity and resale value. I think hyundais are reliable but I'm not sure about the longevity and the resale value definately depreciates because it's Hyundai. I'm sure you know he common belief about Hyundai and kia these days.

Have you driven the is-f? Is goes against the c63 and m3 and Audi s4/rs4 and cts-v.
If you have, I can't imagine how fun and exilerating it must be to drive. The benefit of the is-f over the other is the reliability that comes with Lexus brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back