Porta Pro Mod: Do or Do Not?
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JoeDoe

Headphoneus Supremus
My brother and I both just received our first PortaPros, one from eBay and one from Amazon. Mine are the KTC with straight plug and his are the regular model with an L-shaped plug. 

My question is: since the're so cheap, would upgrading through modding be worth it for us as unassuming college kids? We totally dig the sound quality and don't want to ruin it, but if there's something we can do for a few bucks that's gonna open these puppies up even more, we're definitely down to do so.

Thoughts? 

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 3
quarter mod- cut a quarter sized hole in the center of the pad. opens it up a little. I like it on my sportapros.

kramer mod- if youre handy with a dremel tool/ drill its pretty simple. just do a search on this site and you will find it

sennheiser px 200 leatherette pads- i havent done this one yet but im considering it.

recable- i personally dont plan on doing this unless i have to

other than these i cant think of anything but they are pretty awesome stock to me. I enjoy using mine with my fiio e6 although its not entirely necessary, but the bass boost is nice to have! :)

so what im saying is if you have the guts go for it! otherwise just enjoy! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back