Portable amp for AK Jr and Audeze isine 20?
Jul 7, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 12
I wonder how the JR. Is with full sized phones, does it have the power to drive
Good question! I tried it on my collection and wrote down the volume numbers that I thought were a comfortable level to me:
LCD2-62, TH900-55, HD800-66, RS1-60, K702-66, T1-66, SRH1540-55, and MDRZ7-56.
Un-scientific, but a quick comparison. To me, the SRH1540 sounded the best.

Jul 7, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #8 of 12
Thanks, so, do you feel the AK Jr should be adequate?

Yes the AK Jr should be fine, have you listened to the combo together yet?

I would listen first, then highlight what you think need improving.

Jul 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #9 of 12
Yes the AK Jr should be fine, have you listened to the combo together yet?

I would listen first, then highlight what you think need improving.
I just started to spend some serious time with the combo. I like what I hear, but have never had in-ear monitors before. I don't care too much for the feeling of something in my ear canal. The isine 20s just barely rest outside my ear canal. Of all my on ear headphones, I go to my TH900s the most because of the extended low end, and the lively treble. I guess my preferred signature is "V-shaped". Where I'm going with this is that I'm trying to see if I can improve those two extremes on the isine 20. It sounds good with a fairly flat response IMO. I see the A3 has a bass boost which may help? I'll use the AK Jr mostly with the isine 20s, but may occasionally use it with some of my higher impedence on ears- another consideration.
Just wondering if anyone has amped the AK, and with what, and with what results?
Thanks for all the help! I still have a lot to learn.

Jul 7, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #10 of 12
I just started to spend some serious time with the combo. I like what I hear, but have never had in-ear monitors before. I don't care too much for the feeling of something in my ear canal. The isine 20s just barely rest outside my ear canal. Of all my on ear headphones, I go to my TH900s the most because of the extended low end, and the lively treble. I guess my preferred signature is "V-shaped". Where I'm going with this is that I'm trying to see if I can improve those two extremes on the isine 20. It sounds good with a fairly flat response IMO. I see the A3 has a bass boost which may help? I'll use the AK Jr mostly with the isine 20s, but may occasionally use it with some of my higher impedence on ears- another consideration.
Just wondering if anyone has amped the AK, and with what, and with what results?
Thanks for all the help! I still have a lot to learn.

A proper desktop amp is more likely to bring the results you desire over a portable amp, or even maybe look into the iFi range like the iDSD Black label, that is the only thing that I believe would be an upgrade to what you have, and their bass boost is really well implemented.

Jul 7, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #12 of 12
A proper desktop amp is more likely to bring the results you desire over a portable amp, or even maybe look into the iFi range like the iDSD Black label, that is the only thing that I believe would be an upgrade to what you have, and their bass boost is really well implemented.
Thanks, I think I'll look in that direction now. I've heard a little about the Mojo. I'll check that and the black label, and iFi out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back