Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Dec 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

el3ctr0nicz

New Head-Fier
I am looking at a portable amp to drive my m 50's any recommendations? im looking at the e6 right now. also could somebody  give me there opinion on this non portable amp. thank every one :)

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 11
FiiO E11, if you really want an amp. If you want to use an amp, you should really get an LOD as to not degrade the signal by double amping. Depending on your device, this may not be possible. iPhone 5, for example, cannot use an LOD (unless you go Lightning => 30 pin adapter, than an LOD) An amp is not really required for the M50s, though.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 11
I find the E6 pairs well with the m50's.

The thing is the M50's don't really need an amp for power cause they can easily be driven from anything. Really what you want is a sound signature that pairs up with them. The M50's have a bloated bass so something that tightens it up helps improve them a lot, and the E6 has a bass setting that goes nicely with them. Based on the fact you don't need the power you certainly want to go with something cheap as well, and the E6 meets that criteria and then some. 

Really worrying about anything more then an entry level portable amp like the E6 isn't required. The M50's are an entry level headphone and anything beyond an entry level amp is a waste of money on them in my opinion, you aren't going to hear any big improvement.

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
I don't remember ATH-M50 need amp to drive from what I had heard...
Just my 2cent
smily_headphones1.gif

I have M50s.  Borrowed a cheap $30 amp.  Off my Droid 3, it is night and day.  M50s need an amp.  All of a sudden, I had bass!

Need to get my own amp but I am waiting till after I get my new smartphone (hoping to get BB10) before deciding on an amp.  If BB10 does audio out via USB, I'm getting a bithead or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back