Portable Comfortable Headphones
Jun 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Euphorical

New Head-Fier
Budget: $150 Max
Genre: Metal/Heavy Metal
Sound: I like Accurate Balanced But I really enjoy all the instruments
Amp: No Amp

A lot of my songs are old songs that are Raw so sometimes accurate headphones may make it sound bad I've heard

I really need the comfort and portability, Such as the QC15 but obviously something  cheaper and better.

The comfort of the QC15 is really good, i loved wearing them (friend had em) and another friend has the V-MODA M80 and it absolutely gave me an instant headache so I'm wondering what is like the Bose QC15 and is portable similar to it.

Grado and Senheisser isn't portable so that's out of question. Also i really don't like the foam pads on some of those headphones.

What I've looked at:
Koss Pro DJ 100 (Heard it's not good for Metal)
Numark Red Wave (Has a lot of Bass, Would buy if i could get comments on comfort)
Audio Technica M50 (Heard it's not very comfortable)
Ultrasone 500/700 (Heard it has comfort issues, once again)

:L I have no idea on what to buy and am looking for input from the forum.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 6
I own some Red Waves, and here is the comment on comfort you seek. Definitely comfortable up to 3 hours. Not as comfy as say Beyerdynamic, AKG, or a price comparable Sennheiser or Audio Technica, but very comfortable in their own respect, especially for a dj type headphone. And they have just the right amount of bass for metal. Go with these and you won't regret it.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 6
I like my KRK KNS 8400, light on the head and the cups turn 90 degrees, so easy to pack, only 32-Ohm.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 6
maybe you're a person like me that finds grados very VERY comfy? also great for that genera of music. sr125i's are in your price range and improve from simple mods if you want the extra SQ.

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back