Portable (non ear buds) headphones for working out, exercising in general, and running?
Mar 26, 2011 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

swaffleman

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all. I've been a member here for a while. I'm not exactly a newb to the headphone arena, although I don't own any incredibly hi fi stuff.

My main headphones have been the Sennheiser HD 203s (which I love and will continue to, they have a fantastic sound for the price). I also own a pair of the Sony V6's (which I use for watching movies), and a couple of other sennheisers that I don't really use.

My portable headphones have basically been the JVC flats and the Koss Porta Pro. I don't really like the way the flats sound and my porta pros always meet early deaths.

So what would be a good option for portable use? Again, I don't use ear buds. They never stay in my ear. I also don't want the porta pros. Koss products have NEVER lasted long for me.

I'm open to other brands but I'm a bit partial to sennheiser. I love the sound signature of their products.

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 4
I have been looking for workout phones too...I went with the mee m6 and am very happy with them, but if you don't want iem's or earbuds I would check out the sennheiser addidas sports line, especially the behind the neck model the pmx 680...supposedly great for running and sound quality is ok

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 4
By earbuds do you mean any in ear type of earphone including IEMs?  Are you looking for over the ear type of earphones only?  Or are you looking for IEMs as well?

If IEMs, I'd point you to the Sleek Audo SA6 (soon to be SA6R) along with the wireless unit.  For portable work out stuff, it's one of the nicer packages and very light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back