Possible to tell Audeze driver revisons apart visually?
Apr 21, 2017 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ScubadudeSA

Head-Fier
[size=small]Hi all,[/size]

[size=small]I have two pairs of LCD-2 Rev 2 pre-fazor.  The first set is a very early rosewood pair while the other is a late 2016 unit believed to have been made up to special customer requirement from the Audeze parts bin long after production of pre-fazors officially ceased.  [/size]

[size=small]And a super nice pair it is too - it has the very soft, thick and plush earpads like the latest silent revision models.  The sound is markedly different to that of my earlier 2.2PF too – it is no brighter but definitely clearer and more detailed; bass is a little less pronounced but more clearly defined; imaging and focus steps up a couple of notches and so does dynamic impact.  All in all a very nice improvement on what was previously my favourite incarnation of the LCD2![/size]

[size=small]These differences lead me to believe that that the newer pair has the lastest fazor drivers but with the original flat grates rather than fazor elements.  Keen to test the theory I opened the covers and saw the early pair had numbers kg977 and kg984 on the drivers, while the later one shows 2Q968 and 2Q969.  Does anyone know if these numbers are significant?  Is there another visual way to tell the different driver revisions apart?[/size]

[size=small]Many thanks![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back