Power bars
Mar 27, 2021 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

griff500

500+ Head-Fier
I'm very happy with the rest of my system but I'd like to get it onto it's own power bar instead of sharing with all manner of devices on a couple of power bars.

I've been offered a Nordost QRT QB8 Mk2 for a good price and I'm tempted. I've also looked at the IsoTek EVO3 Corvus and there's an IsoTek EVO3 Aquarius available for the same money as the Nordost.

Thoughts on these and alternative options would be welcome.

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 5
Are you talking about power strips or something else? I don't recognize those brands.

I use regular protective power strips that I buy from the local electronics chain. They are guaranteed for 15 thousand euros replacement value of anything plugged into them. Eaton brand, no problems. But the power is very good here.

I guess for fancy power conditioning, sky's the limit. But you can probably do fine by going with commercial on-line UPS rather than stuff targeted at audiophiles.

Apr 12, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #3 of 5
But the power is very good here.
That's good to know - I'll be moving to the Czech Republic within the next month.

I ended up getting an Ansuz distributor and power cable.

Apr 12, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 5
That's good to know - I'll be moving to the Czech Republic within the next month.

I ended up getting an Ansuz distributor and power cable.
It's a great country. Good people, good beer.

Apr 12, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 5
This one is good:
5caf469c9167c.jpg

:beyersmile: I use an Isotek Sigmas Power Conditioner. I previously used a Furman. I really like the Isotek Sigmas. It made a noticeable improvement in sound quality, due to reduced powerline noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back