PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #31 of 353
Claiming that your headphone makes the DT1350 sound veiled is a lofty claim to say the least. Impressions from seasoned head-fiers will be the final judge on these headphones

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #32 of 353
I always thought we were the final judge for ourselves. Maybe you mean you'd rather go by the opinion of a longtime head-fier that's not connected to B&O over someone who is?

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #33 of 353
I always thought we were the final judge for ourselves. Maybe you mean you'd rather go by the opinion of a longtime head-fier that's not connected to B&O over someone who is?

I mean people in general will weigh the impressions of other people who have experience with various headphones and decide from there whether its worth the gamble of spending over 500 USD. At that price people are going to be picky. Personally, I don't blame them, 500 USD isn't a drop in the bucket for most people on here

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #35 of 353
Quote:
I mean people in general will weigh the impressions of other people who have experience with various headphones and decide from there whether its worth the gamble of spending over 500 USD.

Oh, gotcha. Agreed.

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #36 of 353
The Form 2: a bit fragile, bass-light, and the foam covers may disintegrate after a few years, but actually very satisfying with its spacious, mid-centric presentation.
The A8: handsomely built like most B&O products, sound decent.

These?  I'm excited.  Fingers crossed they'll be a better sounding version than the P5
etysmile.gif
  That pricetag is pretty scary though...

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #37 of 353
Quote:
Claiming that your headphone makes the DT1350 sound veiled is a lofty claim to say the least. Impressions from seasoned head-fiers will be the final judge on these headphones

Yeah - I know it is a bold statement. But it is not my headphone - I just work in the company that designed them and I consider myself nothing more than a normal potential customer. 
redface.gif
 I have had a chance to spend time with them and compare to my other gear so I hope it is ok for me to share my listening impressions?

DT-1350 are my favorite portable and have been that for a long time. I enjoy DT-1350 and will keep them. The H6 are almost twice the price of DT1350 so one should expect a somewhat better performance? I am looking forward to read peoples impressions of the H6. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #38 of 353
Quote:
I have had a chance to spend time with them and compare to my other gear so I hope it is ok for me to share my listening impressions?

Do it soon, and you'll probably be there first here to do so - which would be very welcome indeed.
Any opinion is better than none. 
I'm interested to hear what people have to say about it.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #39 of 353
Having read previously reviewed headphone that I know and owned by Rasmushorn I can personally appreciate his impression. Thank you!

Can you share the technical specification of the H6?

Quote:
Yeah - I know it is a bold statement. But it is not my headphone - I just work in the company that designed them and I consider myself nothing more than a normal potential customer. 
redface.gif

DT-1350 are my favorite portable and have been that for a long time. I enjoy DT-1350 and will keep them. The H6 are almost twice the price of DT1350 so one should expect a somewhat better performance? I am looking forward to read peoples impressions of the H6. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #40 of 353
Quote:

Well, maybe not lofty if the DT1350 sound veiled because the B&O is too bright  
frown.gif

I hope and pray that these will sound clear and balanced. I hope they will do what MartinLogan did with the Mikros 90, and focus on clarity and resolution, rather than bright yet muffled bombast. But I have pretty much given up the ghost as far as new entry portable headphones go....I think they will all be tailored for the masses, which means they will look cool and suck of sculpted sound. Natural and neutral in headphones has gone the way of common sense and logic in society...bye-bye.

I hope I am proven wrong, but...

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #41 of 353
Quote:
redface.gif

Rasmushorn, how did these sound in comparison to the T5P/T70?

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #42 of 353
I think that B&O H6 could be just re-shelled Sony 1R according to design similarities and that B&O often takes other companies' tech and just presents it in luxury style.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #44 of 353
The design of these is conventional and cookie cutter by B&O standards compared to the innovative designs of their past A/V gear.  B&O had several retail locations and I tried their previous IEMs there.  They sounded good from memory with a more distinctive design, but nothing special for the price.  Historically, B&O isn't shy about charging for the name.  We will see if this new line offers for "Bang" for the buck, pardon the pun.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #45 of 353
Quote:

Well, maybe not lofty if the DT1350 sound veiled because the B&O is too bright  
frown.gif

I hope and pray that these will sound clear and balanced. I hope they will do what MartinLogan did with the Mikros 90, and focus on clarity and resolution, rather than bright yet muffled bombast. But I have pretty much given up the ghost as far as new entry portable headphones go....I think they will all be tailored for the masses, which means they will look cool and suck of sculpted sound. Natural and neutral in headphones has gone the way of common sense and logic in society...bye-bye.

I hope I am proven wrong, but...

I hope B&O sets the bar higher as I consider the Mikros 90 to be one of the most boring headphones I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back