Prob with ASIO?
Jun 10, 2008 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ZepFloyd

500+ Head-Fier
Heres my prob..so awhile back I setup ASIO using the ASIO explanation thread..which was fine and really nicely done. I set it up with my pico...heres the prob i'm having...i decided I wanted to listen to some tunes through my speakers...so I go into ASIO turn off the USB device and turn on my sound card...thus music comes out of my speaker now..for some reason sound on websites dont seem to work though...anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 10
As I understand it ASIO limits you to 1 audio stream since it negates the windows mixer. If you stop your music then try the webpage you should get sound...atleast I do ...

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you disabled kMixer? Are you using ASIO4All?

You may have configured the system in such a way that only ASIO-capable applications will play back.

not sure..how do i check if i disabled kmixer? i am using ASIO4ALL yes...

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 10
PM sent.
biggrin.gif
Also, ASIO4All is no different from Kernel Streaming in that if you're using a program that avoids kMixer, you won't be able to hear other programs at the same time.

So, you can't play music using ASIO4All and hear things on a webpage simultaneously. IMO, it's easier to just use Kernel Streaming for everything unless your device has official ASIO-capable drivers.

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

PM sent.
biggrin.gif
Also, ASIO4All is no different from Kernel Streaming in that if you're using a program that avoids kMixer, you won't be able to hear other programs at the same time.

So, you can't play music using ASIO4All and hear things on a webpage simultaneously. IMO, it's easier to just use Kernel Streaming for everything unless your device has official ASIO-capable drivers.

i'm not trying to play music and listen to youtube vids or whatever...my music is off and still no youtube vids or anything wont play audio

EDIT: i'll list what I did...to get to this prob...so i was using headphones to listen to my music through my pico...so to go back to the speakers i opened ASIO and both the USB device aka Pico and soundcard were listed. my USB device was in green which signifies running..and my soundcard wasnt..so naturally i disabled my USB device and enabled my sound card...everything went fine..music playing through speakers.. happened to go to youtube to watch a vid and thats when i noticed sound wasnt working on webpages.

any other ideas?

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 10
Okay, we've determined that kMixer is working.

Do you hear sound from other applications or programs, like games?

Edit: You only mentioned setting up your sound card for ASIO4All. It needs to be set up in Windows as well, if you haven't already done so. Go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices (or if you're in category view, Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices -> Sounds and Audio Devices), Audio tab, and set your sound card as the Default device.

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Okay, we've determined that kMixer is working.

Do you hear sound from other applications or programs, like games?

havent tried a game...but foobar works when playing music through my speakers...

i did change the output in foobars settings though to my soundcard...let me try a game real quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back