Problem after replacing HD580 stock cable to a HD650 stock cable.
Apr 2, 2011 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

blastermc

New Head-Fier

Hi everybody,

I have encountered a problem after I have changed the cable of my HD580 to the stock cable of HD650. I have tried using a 6.3mm to 3.5mm converter (both mono and stereo versions) so that I could use my PC motherboard soundcard as the source. But I could only manage to have sound coming out from Left side of the headphone.

I have also tried reversing the order of the cable to be plugged into the headphone driver by switching between (left and right to à right and left). And I would then have sound coming out from the right side instead of the left side of the headphone. Therefore I think there is nothing wrong with the driver.

I then tried the headphone on a guitar amp (which would only require 6.3mm input, therefore no converted is being used), and I could get sound coming from both side of the driver.

So I am wondering whether there is anything wrong with converter itself  (both mono and stereo version) ? Or the soundcard ?  Or I have to do something extra to get sound coming from both sides of the headphone ?

Regards,
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back