Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013
Oct 13, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #61 of 82
Well thanks for the interest fellas! We're using CoverItLive to do the liveblog, so unlike an engadget-style liveblog, you'll be able to send comments our way and chat with Ben and I all day long! We've also invested in an Eye-Fi card, so as I take photos during the day, the photos will be automatically uploading to Facebook. I think the upload delay is only about 10 minutes. We'll be posting videos all day and I'll also be live-streaming a few events. The main one (that I'm sure you will all be interested in) is on saturday at 12:30pm MST with Steve Guttenberg, Tyll Hertsens, Head-Fi's very own Jude Mansilla, and Chris Martens. Should be awesome! 

As always, I'd love your feedback and suggestions on what to cover, and hope to see you on the liveblog!

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #62 of 82

Quote:
From the verbiage they use to describe the LCD-3, I almost guarantee you the price of those headphones will be close to double what the current model costs. If the price is appropriately gapped between the two models, I wonder if they'll keep the LCD-2 in their line.

Lucky for me they have a dealer close by. I'll go take a listen to them when they come out. They'll have to better the LCD-2 by a fair margin for me to spend twice.

My bet is that they'll price them in the $1200 range to compete with the HE-6.  $1400 wouldn't be totally out of line, but there's no way they'll make them more expensive than the HD800, because by most accounts the HD800 is competitive with all orthodynamics.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #63 of 82
It kind of irritates me that they're releasing another flagship so soon after the Rev 2's came out.  I can only hope it's a 12-1400 can so I needn't sell my LCD-2s only a few months after getting them.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #64 of 82
LCD-3 is great news even do I like the looks of the LCD-2 more, but I cant wait to hear them.
Also DYING to see the new Woo gear, I suspect that it will be amazing.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #65 of 82

Quote:
My bet is that they'll price them in the $1200 range to compete with the HE-6.  $1400 wouldn't be totally out of line, but there's no way they'll make them more expensive than the HD800, because by most accounts the HD800 is competitive with all orthodynamics.

Looks like I was right. $1945.00

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #66 of 82

Quote:
It kind of irritates me that they're releasing another flagship so soon after the Rev 2's came out.  I can only hope it's a 12-1400 can so I needn't sell my LCD-2s only a few months after getting them.

Or you could just enjoy what you have.  A new flagship does not in any way lessen your enjoyment, does it?  (I've got an HE-5 that I love even though there are 2.5 newer HifiMan models.)

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #67 of 82

Quote:

Or you could just enjoy what you have.  A new flagship does not in any way lessen your enjoyment, does it?  (I've got an HE-5 that I love even though there are 2.5 newer HifiMan models.)

I enjoy what I have.  My problem is that they're releasing a new flagship that is twice as expensive in only six months.  I highly question the possible improvement in that time, and especially for such an increase in price point.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #68 of 82
I think people that purchased an LCD-2 very recently, such as myself, would be more upset if this new model was a replacement that sold for perhaps $1200. 

But this is clearly a SOTA attempt, and is priced accordingly. I don't see a problem with it. Strike while the iron is hot.

For me though, as I've been looking to spend some major bucks on a new DAC, it wouldn't be in the budget right now no matter how good it turns out to be. I'm hoping to hear an SR-009 properly amp'd/sourced at the Bay Area meet next year. Then I'll decide how I'd like to proceed.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #69 of 82

Quote:
I enjoy what I have.  My problem is that they're releasing a new flagship that is twice as expensive in only six months.  I highly question the possible improvement in that time, and especially for such an increase in price point.

They have probably been working on the LCD-3 since the day the LCD-2 was released.  That's especially true since they fabbed their own driver this time around.  I don't think you can get a driver manufactured without quite a bit of lead time, on the order of a year at least.

EDIT: Agreed on the price though.  I just read on the LCD-3 thread that they'll be $1945.  That's WAY too expensive for an orthodynamic headphone IMO.  Especially one that's not particularly comfortable.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #70 of 82
I would actually hope they've been working on it for these six months, since they could be improving from the Rev 2's example.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #71 of 82
Pricing aside.... There is no question the LCD-3's sound amazing. However, I do agree there not twice as good as the LCD-2's.. But I guess that's highend audio, right?.... Achieving sound quality that's 20% better can sometimes cost twice as much. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #72 of 82
I can't wait to hear some detailed impressions.  I want to know how far Audeze can really go for quality.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #73 of 82
Be sure to stop by the V-MODA BOOTH to give us input on our new over-ear models, prototypes and take the M-80/V-80 for a test drive!

-v

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #74 of 82
HeadRoom videos for RMAF!

LCD-3:

Sennheiser Interview

Pete Millet & Todd from TTVJ Interview

HRT HeadStreamer First Look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back