Prog rock
Feb 27, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #4,007 of 4,496
In Continuum's debut album remains a standout, truly great!
Agreed. Lucky to have seen them as well as Marco Minnemann on a few Cruise to the Edge. Great Prog. I think I am going to give it a listen today.

Feb 28, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #4,008 of 4,496
Playing II (2021) by McStine & Minnemann before bed. Randy McStine on vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards and Marco Minnemann on Drums, percussion, vocals, bass, keyboards. The music is very progressive, quirky with an almost Zappa type vibe and extremely impressive. Both albums are available on Bandcamp and Amazon Music, so probably the other streamers too.

II.jpg

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #4,009 of 4,496
Having only recently signed up at Bandcamp, how do you all search its content? There's no "prog" genre that I can see for sorting.

Feb 28, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #4,010 of 4,496
Having only recently signed up at Bandcamp, how do you all search its content? There's no "prog" genre that I can see for sorting.

Click the Genres link on the front page, then Rock and then Prog Rock

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #4,013 of 4,496
@YtseJamer nudged me into listening to In Continuum, which I haven't played for a while. So I played the first album, immediately followed by the second, which is the only way as they are Part One and Part Two, released 10 months apart in 2019. McStine & Minnemann pop up again, this time as members of the band which is led by Dave Kerzner on keyboards. Both albums are available on Amazon Music, so most likely on the other streamers too and if you want to purchase them, they are available on Bandcamp but you have to pick them out by album title as the In Continuum page is taken by some unknown.

accellerationtheoryparttwoannihilation.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #4,014 of 4,496
@YtseJamer nudged me into listening to In Continuum, which I haven't played for a while. So I played the first album, immediately followed by the second, which is the only way as they are Part One and Part Two, released 10 months apart in 2019. McStine & Minnemann pop up again, this time as members of the band which is led by Dave Kerzner on keyboards. Both albums are available on Amazon Music, so most likely on the other streamers too and if you want to purchase them, they are available on Bandcamp but you have to pick them out by album title as the In Continuum page is taken by some unknown.

accellerationtheoryparttwoannihilation.jpg
As far as I can see only the second part is on Tidal. Neither are on Qobuz.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #4,015 of 4,496
As far as I can see only the second part is on Tidal. Neither are on Qobuz.
That's a shame, I wonder why that is?

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #4,016 of 4,496
That's a shame, I wonder why that is?
I am not sure. I would assume that streaming services would accept almost any band as the marginal cost to them is minimal, so I guess it is dependent on the band's decisions? I never really looked into this.

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #4,019 of 4,496
Just saw that Wheel is dropping a new single and revealing their upcoming album tomorrow. So, I've decided to spin their last album "Resident Human," which was one of my most pleasant surprises in 2021.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #4,020 of 4,496
Question- have any of the usual suspects here purchased the latest “Albion” release on CD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back