props and loyalty for Westone and Headroom
May 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

flohmann

100+ Head-Fier
I just had my Westone 3 IEMs stolen in my bag in Milan after nearly 5 years of service. I will be replacing them with the Westone 4, and buying them from Headroom. Here's why:

The Westone 3 was free to me -- I won it in a drawing at Headfest in San Jose in 2007. Some will remember that the 3 was plagued with production delays, and Westone sent me a free set of the W2 IEMs to tide me over. Then they sent me one of the first sets of the 3 that they made. Paying that much attention to someone who was getting a freebie shows real class. The 3 has served me faithfully without trouble for nearly 5 years.  

So, now that I need to replace the 3, I'll be getting the 4. And I'm buying it from Headroom. Why? Because 10 years ago I bought a Blockhead amplifier from Headroom. About 5 years later, I met Tyll at another Headfest, we got to talking about the Blockhead, and he offered to upgrade it to the 2005 amp modules... for free. 

Always good to remember that what makes this hobby great is not just the products, but also the people who stand behind them and treat customers well. 

Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Back