PS Audio Stellar Powerplant 3
Feb 2, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 61
Does anyone know which fuse type the 230V Version needs?

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #17 of 61
Does anyone know which fuse type the 230V Version needs?
From their website (back of Stellar Powerplant):
B2A4EE65-5533-437F-B3B4-A153027C9C9E.jpeg

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #18 of 61
I am deciding between a Stellar Powerplant 3 or the older P5. I am intending to run my mscaler, dave, wa33 and Mjolnir KGSSHV carbon from it. Would the Powerplant3 be enough power or should I go with a P5? What if I run my mscaler, dave, and wa33 but not the KGSSHV carbon from it?
Thanks

Feb 23, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #19 of 61
I am deciding between a Stellar Powerplant 3 or the older P5. I am intending to run my mscaler, dave, wa33 and Mjolnir KGSSHV carbon from it. Would the Powerplant3 be enough power or should I go with a P5? What if I run my mscaler, dave, and wa33 but not the KGSSHV carbon from it?
Thanks
The P3 can regenerate 300W continuously.
Therefore you should be able to calculate it (it can Filter up to 900W but the Regeneration is the main reason to get a powerplant imo

Mar 3, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #20 of 61
I got an email recently about a sale on P15’s. They’re currently $500 cheaper than the P12. I’d been thinking I might get a P12 if a promo came along and so I’ve ordered a P15 instead. This will go in my 2 channel setup, though. That setup my kill-a-watt says pulls about 300W while listening. I expect the higher power transients likely being too quick to show up on the kill-a-watt, so I hope the P15 is big enough.

May 9, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #21 of 61
I got an email recently about a sale on P15’s. They’re currently $500 cheaper than the P12. I’d been thinking I might get a P12 if a promo came along and so I’ve ordered a P15 instead. This will go in my 2 channel setup, though. That setup my kill-a-watt says pulls about 300W while listening. I expect the higher power transients likely being too quick to show up on the kill-a-watt, so I hope the P15 is big enough.
I wish I’d had the $$ during the time of the sale to upgrade from my P12 to a P15. Have you received yours yet? What do you think of it?

May 9, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #22 of 61
I have a P20 and can say have a good improvment,sound more natural and better scene.
P 20 and P 15 also sound a little better than the cheaper models,not increase only the power,also sound is little better

May 10, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #23 of 61
I wish I’d had the $$ during the time of the sale to upgrade from my P12 to a P15. Have you received yours yet? What do you think of it?

Yes, I’ve had it since about the end of March. What a wonderful piece of kit. If I have the ability the next time they come up for sale I may buy another. 3 things I’m loving:
  • The sound. It’s marvelous. Like they say, blacker backgrounds, which helps reveal more detail.
  • The measurements. I used to use a kill-a-watt as I moved through various plugs around my basement and I found it odd how much the voltage varied. Well, now I have the value all the time, recorded and available in PowerPlay. It’s fascinating just how much variation there is. Additionally, I love seeing the line distortion. Turns out mine goes up when I’m listening. It fluctuates on its own, but I can see it in the data that it tends to go up a few fractions of a percent as I listen.
  • The sound. I’m noticing less variation in how good things sound at different times of the day.
Also, they say put a good power cord on it, that it makes a difference — it’s true. I deliberately started with the included power cable for a couple weeks and then tried AudioQuest Thunder/Tornado/Hurricane power cables and it does respond positively. I hate that I can hear it, but I can.

And the Stellar line (which includes the P3) is on sale this month. I think the current sale price is lower than I got my P3 for.

May 13, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #24 of 61
I'm a very recent convert to the PS P3 I also bought the AC5 cable with mine it's a bit of a monster but I guess it's a good match coming from PS. Seems to work, 4 plug outlets on the UK model does restrict it a bit but at the moment only using 3. I took advantage of the sale discount too.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #25 of 61
I'm a very recent convert to the PS P3 I also bought the AC5 cable with mine it's a bit of a monster but I guess it's a good match coming from PS. Seems to work, 4 plug outlets on the UK model does restrict it a bit but at the moment only using 3. I took advantage of the sale discount too.
Yeah the Schuko model for Europe us also constrained by only 4 plugs instead of 6.

However if someone can live with that, the stellar p3 is an amazing addition to the setup

May 13, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #26 of 61
Yeah daisy chaining active filters doesn't work well on the power plant. It's also written in the manual tho.

The wall wart from a Schiit Loki also doesn't play nice and sounds better from the wall directly
I have changed my system around a bit and now I find the iFi Powerstation + SupaNova cable combination to work well with my P12 Power Plant as a power strip that provides extra room for additional cables beyond the 8 provide in the back of the P12. I have the iFi combo plugged into the back of the P12. No detriment to the sound.

May 15, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #27 of 61
I have changed my system around a bit and now I find the iFi Powerstation + SupaNova cable combination to work well with my P12 Power Plant as a power strip that provides extra room for additional cables beyond the 8 provide in the back of the P12. I have the iFi combo plugged into the back of the P12. No detriment to the sound.

That's great to hear and thanks for your feedback. I wonder how our PowerStation would do against that P12 Power Plant upon using it as your first power distributor. From what I can tell, both are active products :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 6, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #28 of 61
Though it goes against all that is holy (and recommended), I have daisy-chained power conditioners prior to connecting them to my P12 and I‘ve gotten fantastic sound as a result. I had to figure out something, as I have too many components to fit comfortably into the eight outlets of the P12.

I have the following power conditioners in addition to the P12 Power Plant:
iFi Powerstation (x2, but only using one)
PS Audio Powerbase
Shunyata Venom PS10

I’ve run maybe twenty experiments with plugging X into Y and Y into X and changing out power cables and so forth, then waiting a few days and switching again.

My final setup (for now) is as follows:

1. All source components plugged into PS10, then connected to iFi Powerstation
2. Power Base plugged into iFi Powerstation (nothing attached to it)
3. Preamp + amp plugged directly into iFi Powerstation
4. iFi Powerstation plugged into P12 Power Plant (via Cardas Clear Beyond XL power cable)
5. P12 Power Plant plugged into wall (via Shunyata Sigma NR V2 power cable)

I’ve experimented with plugging components into the PS Audio Power Base, but unfortunately it only gives a blacker background at the expense of squishing dynamics. Also, I’ve said before (in error) that active power conditioning sounds terrible with the P12 Power Plant, but the iFi Powerstation works and sounds just fine in this case.

This combination gives me the blackest background and the best sound of all the permutations I’ve tried.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #29 of 61
The Perfectwave PowerPlants (including P3) are on sale over at PS Audio. I guess the Stellar PP3 is part of the Perfectwave line? 🤷‍♂️

The P12 looks very compelling (especially at sale price). Admittedly, never thought much about power in the midst of headphones, amps/dacs, etc., but am reaching the point investing in something like the P12 would be worth it. I can attest to the day/night phenomena, if anything, which the P12 (and other like products) are supposed to help out with. Gotta go easy on the wallet, got drawn in to the SACD transport 🤣

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #30 of 61
Though it goes against all that is holy (and recommended), I have daisy-chained power conditioners prior to connecting them to my P12 and I‘ve gotten fantastic sound as a result. I had to figure out something, as I have too many components to fit comfortably into the eight outlets of the P12.

I have the following power conditioners in addition to the P12 Power Plant:
iFi Powerstation (x2, but only using one)
PS Audio Powerbase
Shunyata Venom PS10

I’ve run maybe twenty experiments with plugging X into Y and Y into X and changing out power cables and so forth, then waiting a few days and switching again.

My final setup (for now) is as follows:

1. All source components plugged into PS10, then connected to iFi Powerstation
2. Power Base plugged into iFi Powerstation (nothing attached to it)
3. Preamp + amp plugged directly into iFi Powerstation
4. iFi Powerstation plugged into P12 Power Plant (via Cardas Clear Beyond XL power cable)
5. P12 Power Plant plugged into wall (via Shunyata Sigma NR V2 power cable)

I’ve experimented with plugging components into the PS Audio Power Base, but unfortunately it only gives a blacker background at the expense of squishing dynamics. Also, I’ve said before (in error) that active power conditioning sounds terrible with the P12 Power Plant, but the iFi Powerstation works and sounds just fine in this case.

This combination gives me the blackest background and the best sound of all the permutations I’ve tried.

I'm happy to see that our iPower Elite serves you well. At the same time, if you don't experience truncated dynamics due to daisy-chained power strips/conditioners, enjoy the heck out of their black backgroud :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back