PX100II'S and their too thin earpads
Jan 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Solrighal

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi folks. I'm currently using the above headphones with my Galaxy Note 3 and im happy with the sound when I'm out and about. I know it could be better but these headphones are dependable companions for me. I'd really like to upgrade to better cans but with a similar sonic signature for around the house and light duties but that will have to wait for the summer.

What I'd really like to do is replace the ear pads on the Sennheiser with something which provides a bit more cushioning. Is this possible? After a couple of hours they begin to hurt my ears. I should say that I wear glasses.

Has anyone got any ideas how I could enhance the comfort of the cans?

Thanks for listening.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks Joe. I've ordered a pair of HD414 pads from eBay. I'm led to believe they should fit although they will likely change the sound somewhat.

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 4
Just a quick update for anyone interested. I got the HD414 pads today and they fit like a glove. The original HD414 was the very first "real" pair of headphones I ever heard and I remember them blowing me away. That was in the early 80's.

Anyway, they're definitely more comfortable so job done on that front. There's a difference in the sound too. I've only had a brief listen so far but the bass seems a bit more controlled, as if the frequencies are more balanced, more neutral.

Thanks again for pointing me to eBay Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back