Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Nov 23, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #991 of 2,156
Nov 29, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #992 of 2,156
I'm a new subscriber to Qobuz after having used Spotify (ages ago) and more recently, Apple Music and then Tidal. While I enjoyed Tidal for the most part, the rap/hip-hop heavy catalogue and disorganized artists/albums made it frustrating to use. Also, I had a problem with my iFi DAC decoding the MQA files without a 1-2 second gap at the beginning of each song coming from my MacBook. My musical tastes seem to fit Qobuz and I appreciate the limited playlists currently available. My solution to the playlist issue is to use my free Spotify account, find playlists I'm interested in and then use Soundiiz to transfer them to Qobuz. Works flawlessly and the majority of the Spotify catalogue is found by Qobuz. Best part is that Soundiiz functions well on their mobile site so I can find playlists in a pinch using my iPhone if needed.

I saw people mentioning a gap in playback at the beginning of songs using the Mac desktop app. I attest to experiencing this as well when randomly switching between tracks. However, when playing continuously from an album/playlist/queue, the problem disappears. Makes me wonder if it's an app cache problem, which is adjustable through the settings but I have yet to play around with it. The flawless playback of Hi-Res files is the selling point for me versus the Tidal MQA issue I had. In terms of sound quality, I find Qobuz to have perceptibly improved clarity with certain albums compared to Tidal but that's not always a good thing depending on the mastering of the music.

I signed up during the $14.99 deal for Studio, which is affordable for me and a good deal for the offering. I would not pay more than that. The iPhone app is functional but incredibly slow. I imagine that'll be improved at some point. Overall, if anyone is on the fence about Qobuz, do a trial of their catalogue and if you like what you see, don't hesitate to switch.

Nov 29, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #993 of 2,156
I'm a new subscriber to Qobuz after having used Spotify (ages ago) and more recently, Apple Music and then Tidal. While I enjoyed Tidal for the most part, the rap/hip-hop heavy catalogue and disorganized artists/albums made it frustrating to use.

That was one thing about Tidal that really annoyed me as well, and I'm really enjoying NOT having rap/hip-hop being thrust in my face all the time!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #994 of 2,156
That was one thing about Tidal that really annoyed me as well, and I'm really enjoying NOT having rap/hip-hop being thrust in my face all the time!
OMG, I hated seeing unsightly rappers in my face every time I opened up Tidal. I purchased an annual subscription to Qobuz (they had a great annual deal recently making a monthly cost of around $12). I cancelled my TIDAL subscription.

QOBUZ rocks!

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #996 of 2,156
OMG, I hated seeing unsightly rappers in my face every time I opened up Tidal. I purchased an annual subscription to Qobuz (they had a great annual deal recently making a monthly cost of around $12). I cancelled my TIDAL subscription.

QOBUZ rocks!

Agreed! I paid for the yearly subscription as well for because of the 2 free months! I wonder if it will renew at that price next year though.

Also, I used Tidal for long enough where the album recommendations in certain areas and the mixes were to my tastes but it took a long time to get there. With Qobuz, I've noticed listening to new music that I actually enjoy and would not have thought to search for in Tidal. In a way, having a lack of many playlists makes me be a bit more curious about albums and know my music better than before. Feels a bit like the days before streaming when I knew my entire library and could throw together playlists in a breeze. It's a good feeling.

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #997 of 2,156
I am the opposite and am not really a classical or jazz fan and was just about to drop Qobuz until the price drop. For $14.99 I think will keep them and Tidal which I find suits my tastes more.

Nov 30, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #998 of 2,156
I have not been paying attention to my subscription with Qobuz just enjoying the music, Question to anyone who knows I read this a few days ago that Qobuz has lowered their prices and that "Existing subscriptions at the Hi-Fi and Studio levels will be automatically switched to Studio Premier when their subscriptions renews to 14.99". Wow what great news I just love the service it's the best I've ever listened to of any other service..

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #999 of 2,156
I have not been paying attention to my subscription with Qobuz just enjoying the music, Question to anyone who knows I read this a few days ago that Qobuz has lowered their prices and that "Existing subscriptions at the Hi-Fi and Studio levels will be automatically switched to Studio Premier when their subscriptions renews to 14.99". Wow what great news I just love the service it's the best I've ever listened to of any other service..

My October 25th bill for Studio was $24.99. My November 25th bill was $14.99. The change happened automatically.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #1,000 of 2,156
You lucky so and sos in the US! With an exchange rate of about 1.3 dollars to the pound - and much more than this before the Brexit lunacy - it already irks that you tend to pay the same in dollars as we do in pounds for much in head fi. But you're now paying 15 dollars to our 25 pounds for the same Qobuz service. I hope they can come up with a better deal for the UK.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #1,001 of 2,156
Sick of Qobuz.
Once again, I got the " It's impossible to play this track. Thank you for trying another playback format or a different track" message. Can't play any music from my offline library and the same playlists can't be listened to my qobuz on Wi-Fi with LG V 30. I deleted and reinstalled all playlists on the offline library a few weeks ago. Worked for a while and back to same old.
Tired of dealing with people from Qobuz telling me to remove app and start again...
Got a four month Tidal deal for $2/month. Need a MQA DAC in main system. Again lol

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #1,003 of 2,156
So, I just sub'd to Qobuz. I works fine via my Wdws 10 laptop.
However, I'm trying to stream via my Android phone and I get the message, "It's impossible to play this track. Thank you for trying another playback format or a different track".
I have tried different tracks and even lowered the stream to frickin MPS 320 and it will give me the same message.

Any suggestions? TIA.

Did they fix it?

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #1,005 of 2,156
Is anyone able to get carplay working properly? The top menus are all blank... kind of useless choices too.

It seems that CarPlay will only show Music that is downloaded for offline onto the connected device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back