QUAD ERA-1 Thread
May 15, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #2,251 of 2,273
Can second that.
But i'm on ZMF Universe perforated lamb skin.
A bit thicker than the og pads, but way more comfy and softer.
Can't recommend them enough, it's more than worth the price.

May 15, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #2,252 of 2,273
I haven't used my era-1 for ages, months and months. I fired them up last night and oh they are so good. But times are hard and I can't justify keeping them. What sort of figure should I be asking for (they are in fantastic condition) and the best place to advertise? I don't seem to be able to access the classifieds on here.

May 15, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #2,253 of 2,273
Did you get your hands on the flat pads?
Experiencing both of them is part of the jigsaw.
Unfortunately I bought this headset and it arrived WITH 2 perforated leather pads and none in velvet, I wrote to quad and to the seller but no one provided me with the standard velvet pads, unfortunately they are not sold even for a fee, what should I do ?

May 15, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #2,254 of 2,273
I haven't used my era-1 for ages, months and months. I fired them up last night and oh they are so good. But times are hard and I can't justify keeping them. What sort of figure should I be asking for (they are in fantastic condition) and the best place to advertise? I don't seem to be able to access the classifieds on here.
Hard to say what to ask for.
It ranges from 200 to 550 €, depending on platform and condition.

Sad that you can't put them back to your rotation, they really deserve it. :)

May 15, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #2,255 of 2,273
Unfortunately I bought this headset and it arrived WITH 2 perforated leather pads and none in velvet, I wrote to quad and to the seller but no one provided me with the standard velvet pads, unfortunately they are not sold even for a fee, what should I do ?
Snag a used one for less money. :)
It's great to have some spare parts and mounting rings in your arsenal. ^^

If you don't need the additional mounting rings, eg. pads, i'm sure they'll find a new owner easily. (me included) :beyersmile:

May 16, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #2,257 of 2,273
That's really sad.
I'm with you. :sweat:

Hope you can get a good price for and not a fire sale at all.

May 16, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #2,258 of 2,273
What sort of figure should I be asking for (they are in fantastic condition) and the best place to advertise? I don't seem to be able to access the classifieds on here.
Perhaps shoot admin a PM about access to classifieds?

Got to concur with Chris, don`t undervalue unless you have to.
In the UK there is access to pads, 3rd party repairs etc all discussed in this thread...great second hand buy.

May 17, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #2,260 of 2,273

One thing that might be stopping you is if you do not have two-factor authentication enabled. That is now required in order to post on the classifieds. Hope that helps.

May 19, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #2,262 of 2,273
I tried a 99.999% purity OCC silver cable, a custom CANS cable in Litz OFC copper, a 7N OCC copper cable, in the end the standard cable sounds better than all for me, especially in terms of separation and cleaning.

May 19, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #2,263 of 2,273
Interesting.

I'm very happy with the FAW Noir Hybrid (4 strands pure copper and 4 strands pure silver) on my Quad, so with the short Claire Hybrid I have. :)
No matter if I use it balanced or se.

Didn't liked the cable which came with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back