Question about IEM amp...
May 4, 2011 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

munny

New Head-Fier
hello all,  I am purchasing a pair of monster miles davis iems and I am looking for an amp for them ex. fiio e7, however in the future I plan to purchase a pair of HD650 (for home use) and I know I need an amp for that aswell, is there any reccomendations for an amp that wont be overkill for the miles davis and will be able to fully power a pair of HD650 (so I wont have to buy two amps) ?? if not what what amp would be reccomended for miles davis headphones being used with ipod classic or blacberry torch? thanks!

May 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 2
My recommendation is to at least get the iems and live with them a bit to see how they sound with your source. 

Then you can try to find an amp to complement the iems.  Wish the iems had a tad more treble?  Don't get a "darker" amp.

These phones have very different requirements.  A good portable amp that matches well with your iems could cost around $100-150.

A desktop amp that works well with the HD650 could be around the same. 

Wait and see what you think you are missing first.  And search the threads on your iems/650 while you figure it out to see what everyone else already tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back