Question about Sennheiser IE8 Warranty Repair
Jun 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MagicX

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi'ers, 

I have a quick question about my warranty repair for a pair of Sennheiser IE8s. Unfortunately, my beloved IE8s stopped working properly but I found that I was still within my 2-year limited warranty (based on my purchase date from Amazon). So I mailed in my IE8s and waited around for a few days. I found out that on the same day Sennheiser received my IE8s, they had already shipped out a replacement pair to me within only a couple of hours. I called the customer support number inquiring about the quick turnaround on the same day, and was said that I was being sent back a new pair of earphones. What makes things interesting though is when I elaborated on the new pair (since I figured Sennheiser would just repair the nonfunctioning unit). The representative on the phone mentioned that I might not receive the same IEMs back in the return shipment. So here's the question: Does this mean that Sennheiser possibly sent me a pair of IE80s back in return? Apparently since I bought my IE8s, they have since been discontinued.

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 6
From what I've read on the boards, you may get a pair of IE8i - or IE80's - What country are you in? I didn't think they were repairing them.

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Then you are probably looking at IE80's - I wonder if you had kept the cable, if the phone cable would have worked with the 80's.

What was the issue with your phones?

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Then you are probably looking at IE80's - I wonder if you had kept the cable, if the phone cable would have worked with the 80's.

What was the issue with your phones?

The right earpiece was losing signal/volume and was getting to the point where almost zero audio would play out of it (it wasn't the cable, I switched the sides to see if the cable might have been causing it). No physical damage or anything as I've babied my IE8s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back