Question K/Q701's with E17
Jul 31, 2012 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SupaZang

New Head-Fier
In the not too distant future I am looking at buying a decent pair of headphones very tempted by the 701's from what I have read,

I am not an audio expert I am aware these 701's need to be driven well to get their potential and was looking to pair them with the FiiO E17.

So that combo is around my price limit, I would be using this combo from my pc to listen to FLAC and high quality mp3's (various music styles), and some gaming.

*also a added benifit with the E17 i was thinking of combining it with a SansaClip (i know E17 battery life isnt great) for journys and suchlike.

My main question would be does this combo get enough out of the 701's.

I have looked at a few other options but they either seem more expensive e.g. buying a DAC and a desktop headphone amp seperately, or the fact some products seem harder to find to buy/ find a price for.

Thank you for any help in advanced,
SupaZang

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 7
IMHO, Good choice of cans and it will work. I hv seen ppl drive all sorts of cans from an E17. Q701 is one of them...

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 7
I think it's a good choice. I believe there is still room for improvement with the 701 on it, but I like the E17 because it can serve as a DAC, portable amp, or both at an affordable cost, and still drives the 701 fairly well. You can even buy an L7 later on if you decide to get a desktop/another amp and bypass the E17's amping abilities, using it only as a DAC. The EQ is also nice to have on the E17 with the 701, as many people dislike the bass-light sound (I personally don't think it lacks bass).

Jul 31, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the reply guys feel settled enough to go ahead and get them now hopefully in the next 2 months!

Also nice to know the E17 can be used as DAC and amped in future if I get the money :)

Time to look for good prices!

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Update got my E17 + k701s' couple days ago ! 

They are superb ! i am so happy with the purchase, the cans are amaxing!

Worth every little bit of hype they get!  

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Update got my E17 + k701s' couple days ago ! 

They are superb ! i am so happy with the purchase, the cans are amaxing!

Worth every little bit of hype they get!  

K701 or Q701? Anyway, congrats. I find they sound great with some E17 bass boost. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back