Question on wireless streaming (Airplay/Bluetooth)
Dec 1, 2015 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bclark8923

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have experience wirelessly streaming from their computer to their DAC using anything? I have a Macbook Pro and was looking for something to stream to my setup while having the best possible sound quality.

Recommendations appreciated!

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 2
You may want to purchase an Airport Express from Apple. This is an Airplay device. Connect it to a router and AC outlet and then via the AE optical spdif output, send signal to your DAC's optical spdif input. When you turn on iTunes you will see a little blue arrow like icon in the upper left hand corner of your display. Click it and then click Airport Express. The next thing you hear will be iTunes from whatever your DAC is connected to. This wireless approach is the easiest, least expensive, as well as the highest fidelity approach to wireless that I have found. Note that the Airport Express will upsample or downsample all input to 16/44.1. I send it 24/96 files from iTunes. I see AE then sends 16/44.1 to my pre/pro's DAC. So far, I do not hear any less fidelity with AD than when sending 24/96 to my DAC using a USB to spdif converter. In other words it sounds as good as my ears can hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back