Questions about foam ear tips
Apr 19, 2018 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nettek

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I recently acquired the Etymotic Research HF3 Headphones because I desired maximum noise isolation, and have heard that they have quite a reputation in this field (not just with headphones but with ear plugs as well, for example).
I have tried all the ear tips that came with the headphones and discovered that the foam ear tips are the best when it comes to noise isolation, though they do hurt a little (I even feel somewhat strange sensations in my head sometimes with these on). I am looking for replacement foam ear tips as I am quite sure these won't last very long, and that's where you come in.

I narrowed my selection to two Comply foam ear tips:

Comply foam ear tips P-Series Maximum isolation

https://smile.amazon.com/Comply-Pro...003VNB0UC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Comply foam ear tips Plus Noise Cancelling TX-100 Series

https://smile.amazon.com/Comply-Isolation-Cancelling-Earphone-Replacement/dp/B002ODIE54?ref=ast_p_ei

The first offers me exactly what I want, which is the best noise isolation possible (I am not an audiophile, don't care about quality, bass, etc) but upon reading the reviews I started to fear it won't be comfortable, like the ones I have now. Also, while it's a small matter, the product from Amazon does not offer the mixed sizes version, and I prefer to buy from Amazon because it's a little cheaper and allows me to use Amazon Smile (donate to a charity of my choice).

The second seems more fitting, as it seems to provide some kind of balance between comfort and isolation, and also has the WaxGuard, which seems nice. And it offers a mixed sizes version.

My questions are:
1. Is there anyone here that has experience with these ear tips and can share some insight?
2. That WaxGuard, is it really worth anything?
3. Are there other foam ear tips that you would recommend? Are the Comply ear tips overrated, maybe?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back