Questions about Hifiman HE-400
Jan 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iMusicLover

100+ Head-Fier
             Hello guys, i have some questions. I hear what Hifiman HE-400 is very good headphones for price but 1 problem He-400  has recessed mids
confused_face_2.gif
, Is not good for my listening music, because i realy love vocals. I hear what Velours pads and Lyr tubes do better job with mids and vocals. What tubes i should buy for Lyr? and how vocals, Mids  changes after pads changing and tubes rolling ?  Schiit Lyr with Odac very good synergy for Hifiman HE-400? maybe i should look at other headphones ? and at the end I like most Rock, Pop, R&B, some Jazz, Some Instrumental music. i am waiting for answers. 

Regards Justin
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
             Hello guys, i have some questions. I hear what Hifiman HE-400 is very good headphones for price but 1 problem He-400  has recessed mids
confused_face_2.gif
, Is not good for my listening music, because i realy love vocals. I hear what Velours pads and Lyr tubes do better job with mids and vocals. What tubes i should buy for Lyr? and how vocals, Mids  changes after pads changing and tubes rolling ?  Schiit Lyr with Odac very good synergy for Hifiman HE-400? maybe i should look at other headphones ? and at the end I like most Rock, Pop, R&B, some Jazz, Some Instrumental music. i am waiting for answers. 

Regards Justin
bigsmile_face.gif

The HE-400s are not that hard to dive, but do scale some with the Lyr. It is a fine pairing that many people are very happy with(including myself). They do not have recessed mids to my ears, I would say flat mids with a bit of accentuation on bass and a bright/dark treble (highs are a bit hard to describe). You can use a more mid-centric tube (mullard, telefunkin) to bring out the mid-range of them a bit. They really sound great with the type of music you described as your preference.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
S**t, i read more coments about Lyr and HE 400, Lyr are overkill ??? MB better choice go for used Hifiman HE- 500 with O2+ ODac

Well you got a responce from someone that owns both the HE-400 and the 500, for your musical taste i would get the 400. As for overkill, not really they sound good together to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back