Questyle 400i Front display always 44kHz, no matter the file
Oct 19, 2020 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

szore

Headphoneus Supremus
No matter what input or type of file I play, the front display always says 44kHz...no matter what... Anyone know why, and is this a problem?

Oct 19, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 8
Are you using USB? If so you need special drivers on Windows machines to go above 44.1kHz 16 bit using USB.
I thought I installed the drivers... OK, thanks a bunch when I get home tonight I will check it out.

Oct 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 8
I didn't have time last night to look at it, I appreciate the follow up.... I'm off tomorrow I will look at it. I'm pretty sure i tried it when I got the Q about a month ago... I only have a crappy 'printer' usb cable from Staples, tho, and I know I installed the drivers because I was using USB for a few days. What I ended up doing was ordering an optical cable splitter on amazon, and splitting the optical out on my EVGA Nu card, to my logitech speakers and the Q. More convenient. But people claim there are sound differences between optical and usb with USB better? Should I invest in a $100 USB cable? What are your experiences?

Oct 21, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 8
OK, so it is no change...I am trying different files DSD, hires, etc. The light blinks quick to unlock then back to 44.1...even dsd files, no change.... The hires music sounds good, I believe it is actually playing at the higher rate, but the lights stays on 44.1/48

Oct 22, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 8
What operating system are you playing via? You may need to set the DAC to 'exclusive' mode on the software you're using.

Nov 11, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #8 of 8
What operating system are you playing via? You may need to set the DAC to 'exclusive' mode on the software you're using.
Sorry for late reply, I never got an alert for your message!!

I am using regular Win10...It's ok, I bought a Monoprice Liquid Platinum and am now looking for DAC. The 400i is up for sale....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back