Questyle CMA Fifteen — International Review Tour
Dec 10, 2021 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

Questyle

Sponsor: Questyle
Update (Dec 24 2021):

Thank you to everyone who has signed up for the tour so far! We appreciate your support and excitement.

We are still accepting sign-ups for the tour for the next ~2 weeks, so if you're interested please sign up.

The tour will right near the beginning of the New Year.

- Questyle

Hear ye, all Head-Fiers! We bring good news:

We are sponsoring an international Review Tour of the new Questyle CMA Fifteen!

Head-Fi Banner.png

Zach from Questyle Technology here. It’s been a while since we released our last product – the CMA Twelve in 2019. But now in 2021, we are back with two new products: the CMA Fifteen, Questyle’s newest flagship DAC/Headphone Amplifier, and the M12, a mobile Hifi Headphone Amplifier with DAC. It is with great pride that we introduce these extremely powerful devices to all of the Head-Fi community!

The M12 has been on the market for a couple months now, but the CMA Fifteen has just been released recently. And we want to let you get your hands on it to try it out. So we are planning an international Review Tour!

About the CMA Fifteen

The magic of the CMA Fifteen lies in Questyle’s patented “Current Mode Amplification” technology. As its name suggests, Current Mode Amplification uses current—instead of voltage—to amplify audio signals. It is a state-of-the-art technology in audio amplification, leading to tremendous performance differences when compared to traditional audio amplifiers. The CMA Fifteen celebrates the 15th anniversary of this groundbreaking invention.

For its DAC, the CMA Fifteen uses the ESS ES9038PRO, and supports up to 32bit/768K and DSD 512 master band formats. We specifically picked this DAC because of its native current-type output—which, when paired with our Current Mode Amplification circuit, operate in harmony to achieve true system-level lossless purity. We at Questyle like to call this Current Mode².

The CMA Fifteen has also built further upon its predecessors with new input options (including USB-C, analog, and Bluetooth 5.0 with LDAC support), as well as numerous other improvements under the hood.

In short, the CMA Fifteen is the culmination of 15 years of research at Questyle, and with it we have brought Current Mode Amplification to its highest pinnacle yet.

More info on the CMA Fifteen:

About the Tour

We are very excited to get our precious CMA Fifteen into the world, and in order to help our baby grow, we are planning a small tour across the world over the coming months. If you’re interested, please read more below.

We will begin with one tour in the USA, and one tour in the EU. However, even if you’re not located in one of these two regions, please sign up for the tour below if you’re interested. If there are enough reviewers interested in a specific region, we will certainly consider holding a tour there.

How to Apply:
Please complete this form.
Once completed, we will post the final tour schedule here in this Head-Fi thread, as well as contact each of you individually.

DSC07916_1-2048x1365.jpg

Tour Logistics:
  • Based on who signs up via the form above, we shall group reviewers by geographical location. We will start a group PM for each geographical location, and we can keep each other updated in this PM.
  • We will then send the Questyle CMA Fifteen Tour Review Package to first reviewers in each group.
  • Questyle will cover the import tax to the first reviewer. Please help us to control our tax expenditure wherever possible. Other taxes or duties will subject to discussion within each tour group.
  • Each reviewer can keep the Questyle CMA Fifteen Tour Review Package for up to 14 days. Please plan your review period in advance, and be prepared to ship/pass the package on the 14th day of your review period.
  • Each tour reviewer is responsible for paying the shipping costs to the next tour reviewer. You can use ground mail to reduce the cost, but please use trackable mailing services with signature required.
  • The last reviewer in the group is responsible for shipping the Tour Review Package to a designated address to conclude the tour. If the return address requires international shipping, Questyle will cover the mailing cost incurred.
  • If we have more than one Head-Fier from the same metropolitan area/city joining the tour, we encourage you to pass the equipment in-person to reduce shipping cost and mailing time, and then share the final logistic cost together.
  • Questyle reserves all rights regarding the selection, grouping, and scheduling of reviewers on this tour.
  • Tour members will need to provide their full name, address, email and phone number for purposes of the tour. This information will not be published, but each member will receive the info of the next person he/she needs to ship the CMA Fifteen to.

Review Writing Guidelines:
  • By signing up for the tour, you agree to write and post a formal review within 14 days after your review period. You also agree for Questyle to use your review for sales and marketing purposes.
  • You have complete freedom to write your review whichever way you desire. We encourage you to share any impression you have, as long as it represents your true feeling and opinion toward the product. Your review does not necessarily need to be positive, it just needs to be honest.
  • We are particularly interested in the associated electronics you used during the review. Please include the details of your audio setup when you post your review.
  • We want your reviews to be read by as many current or potential users as possible, so please share your unboxing photos & videos and/or short impression in the Questyle CMA Fifteen Official Thread, as well as post your final review on the HeadGear section of Head-Fi forum.
  • You are also welcome to share your photo/review/impression to any social media or local audio-related forum/blog/magazine etc (making sure to let us know where you post, so that we can hear all that you have to say!) If you post on other social media, make sure to use the hashtag #cmafifteen

We are incredibly excited to share the CMA Fifteen with you, and we look forward to what the Head-Fi community thinks about our newest addition to the Questyle family.

— from Questyle with ♥️

Last edited:
Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Dec 10, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 93
Reviewing is hard work, what's in it for the reviewers? Any discounts, etc?

Also, for EU, who is your distributor? I've got loads of Questyle tech respect and experience, but the main thing that has been holding back people making Questyle purchases was lack of support outside China.

Dec 10, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 93

Also, for EU, who is your distributor? I've got loads of Questyle tech respect and experience, but the main thing that has been holding back people making Questyle purchases was lack of support outside China.
Why Questyle not cover the shipping expense on both ends? Any discount is good as well.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 93
I'm in. Owned the 400i and demoed the 12, and both were superb.

Dec 11, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 93
I'm in. Owned the 400i and demoed the 12, and both were superb.
I wanted to buy the 12, but then Questyle basically disappeared for 3 years. I still love my 600i, but would like something that can operate in fixed output mode if demanded.

Can the 15 do this?

Dec 11, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #7 of 93

I saw HifiMan official Tmall shop in China doing "secret" cashback toward reviewers in which "more detailed" and "more influential" reviews can earn higher cashbacks. Hopefully Questyle keeps it flat and fair for all reviews, good or bad.

A Questyle member responding on the CMA15 launch thread that Questyle is working toward vastly improved oversea support.

Dec 11, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #8 of 93
I saw HifiMan official Tmall shop in China doing "secret" cashback toward reviewers in which "more detailed" and "more influential" reviews can earn higher cashbacks. Hopefully Questyle keeps it flat and fair for all reviews, good or bad.

A Questyle member responding on the CMA15 launch thread that Questyle is working toward vastly improved oversea support.
That HiFiMAN story might not really be much of a story. Giving a greater purchase discount to rigourous or influential reviewers is good business. Also, just about everybody uses affiliate links, but these are not a bribe. Serious reviewing costs significant time and some reviewers do the work as their job. I'm a hobby reviewer and have never been offered affiliate links by HiFiMAN or purchase discounts. I have gotten free stuff, but it has never been contingent on a positive review. Giving better rates to more rigourous reviewers or more influential reviewers respects their labour and their market power. If this were giving better rates to positive reviews, I'd have a serious problem with that, but from your description, it doesn't sound like that.

On tours like this, there should be one discount, so long as no reviewer is doing tour organising for a region. If participants also run logistics and aid tour recruitment, it is standard practice to give a big discount or free stuff for the extra work. Tour organising is often a headache. I like to use the tour product as a random giveaway and a modest discount to entice people to join in tours I organise.

If Questyle can't tell us who their EU distributor is, I'm going to have to question whether that vastly improved overall support is coming. In the last three years there was zero support outside China and they burned some business partners. They can't just say we are going to improve. They need to provide credible evidence of that improvement.

Dec 11, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #9 of 93
That HiFiMAN story might not really be much of a story. Giving a greater purchase discount to rigourous or influential reviewers is good business. Also, just about everybody uses affiliate links, but these are not a bribe. Serious reviewing costs significant time and some reviewers do the work as their job. I'm a hobby reviewer and have never been offered affiliate links by HiFiMAN or purchase discounts. I have gotten free stuff, but it has never been contingent on a positive review. Giving better rates to more rigourous reviewers or more influential reviewers respects their labour and their market power. If this were giving better rates to positive reviews, I'd have a serious problem with that, but from your description, it doesn't sound like that.

On tours like this, there should be one discount, so long as no reviewer is doing tour organising for a region. If participants also run logistics and aid tour recruitment, it is standard practice to give a big discount or free stuff for the extra work. Tour organising is often a headache. I like to use the tour product as a random giveaway and a modest discount to entice people to join in tours I organise.

If Questyle can't tell us who their EU distributor is, I'm going to have to question whether that vastly improved overall support is coming. In the last three years there was zero support outside China and they burned some business partners. They can't just say we are going to improve. They need to provide credible evidence of that improvement.
Yeah I got no luck trying to ask if paid repairs of a used CMA 12 can be done in the US. Obviously there was no support at all for second owners.

Dec 12, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #13 of 93

In the UK a company called SCV Distribution used to handle Questyle products. They have no distributor for about 5 years now.

Dec 13, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #15 of 93

It's very common in China...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back