Quick Question About Nintendo DS
Sep 22, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #16 of 21
The graphical capabilities of the DS always remind me of a PS1. The aliased edges, maybe.
biggrin.gif

dj_mocok, you have a silly name, registered in 2003, and have over 3,600 posts. Are you sure you aren't just trolling?
rolleyes.gif

In any case, GBA and DS games are almost never the same. Think about it. People would be complaining left and right if their brand new games had no improvements over versions for older systems. Often, they don't even share the same gameplay. Using your example, Shrek the Third, the GBA version scored a 5.0 / 10.0 and the DS version scored 6.8 / 10.0 (ref. Gamespot).

GBA version:
936481_20070419_screen001.jpg

DS version:
936480_20070423_screen002.jpg

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dj_mocok, you have a silly name, registered in 2003, and have over 3,600 posts. Are you sure you aren't just trolling?
rolleyes.gif

What's that supposed to mean? Can you please explain which part that makes you think that I'm a troll please?

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #18 of 21
i would say the hair on the avatar XD

and if you check out some nintendo 64 games, you will find that the 3D was also quite bad, the cartrige system lead to pretty crappy texture,

Sep 22, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's that supposed to mean? Can you please explain which part that makes you think that I'm a troll please?

It seemed like you were completely misreading others' responses on purpose.

"Is there a difference between GBA and DS games?"
"Yes, there is a difference. Here is what's usually different..."
"So what you're saying is, there's no difference?"

I apologize if it was unintentional, but it seems that reading others' responses more carefully would have already answered your question.

Or, you could just look up the differences yourself by typing "gba versus ds" into Google.

Sep 22, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and if you check out some nintendo 64 games, you will find that the 3D was also quite bad, the cartrige system lead to pretty crappy texture,

The n64 is undoubtedly capable of better graphics. The DS just doesn't have the processing power to handle good 3D without some sort of trade-off. (I.e, Phantom Hourglass, which looks "clean" but lacks any real graphical depth) I'd put the DS somewhere between the Snes and Ps1.

Sep 23, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seemed like you were completely misreading others' responses on purpose.

"Is there a difference between GBA and DS games?"
"Yes, there is a difference. Here is what's usually different..."
"So what you're saying is, there's no difference?"

I apologize if it was unintentional, but it seems that reading others' responses more carefully would have already answered your question.

Or, you could just look up the differences yourself by typing "gba versus ds" into Google.

that's fine, but I think because the answer is so similar to the difference between Nintendo DS console and GBA, that's why I was confused. And for example you mentioned the graphic rating for same game but different console (GBA and DS), I wonder if the test was both done in DS console, or they used both GBA and DS Lite accordingly.

But anyway, I sorted this out already, so thanks for all the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back