RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Mar 3, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #377 of 2,074
I imagine Immanis will be around on High End Munich?

Will bring my Susvara to A/B=)
Yes, both at High-End Munich and Hifideluxe Shows.
From Friday to Sunday, I will have a quiet room at Hifideluxe, so comparisons will work better there.
On Thursday, B2B and Press day, I will be hosting RAAL 1995 presentation at headphone.shop floor at High-End.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Mar 3, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #378 of 2,074
I also had the chance to listen to the Immanis and Magna at the world of headphones in Heidelberg. I was so excited that I told Aleksandar two or three times that I have never heard a better sounding headphone. Fortunately he had Dream Theaters song „Home“ on his DAP, a song I like very much and know very well, because I have listened to it many many times. And I can say it never sounded so good as on the Immanis. Great job and thanks for having the chance to listen to it.
Thank yoy for listening!

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Mar 3, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #379 of 2,074
This is very interesting.

I am a fan of well done crossfeed. When I had the Chord DAVE I used it by default, now with the Rossini I tend to use it only as an exception because I feel it does more harm than good in many cases (let alone Expanse), and the HE 1 was even less good. During this de-tox stage from crossfeed I went less and less annoyed by headphones sound directionality, but still I find it not ideal - unbearable with some hard panned older jazz recordings.

When Iistening to the Immanis this week I had the definite feeling that they make me miss crossfeed much less than the other headphones I had, and I thought it was for the extremely open design of the pads. Nice to know that there is a design trick that's intended to this, I can attest it works :)

Listening now to this live jazz album and the 3D effect is real.

1709461569508.png
By the way, the Immanis is like a dipole loudspeaker on your head. People in the room can hear their sound quite as loud as you. They can work as desktop speakers LOL
'I Heard It Through the Grapevine' from that album is one of my all time favorites for wiping away the cares of the day, completely immersed in the music.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #380 of 2,074
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #381 of 2,074
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #382 of 2,074
https://www.open-end-music.com/forum/audiophile-kopfhörer/kh-kopfhörer-musik-events/726679-world-of-headphones-im-tankturm-heidelberg#post728485

"Fledermaus" hasn´t come with a more detailed decription yet but promised to come with a write up today. Otherwise - he also hinted that he liked the sound of the Immanis very much.
Rough Translation.
"The build didn't look like the one of a finished product yet, but much more like the one of a prototype. Those who expect thought through build and construction should check out the Austrian Audio Composer "

Personally I don't share this sentiment at all!
The only thing that looked out of place and like a prototype was the cable. Which in fact, was a prototype.
I'm not saying that the Immanis is finished and a "Model in series" however apart from the cable I didn't see a need for change. Some asked for L/R markers which were not present. Personally I wouldn't even want these, since it's clear from the pads which direction is correct, nonetheless we discussed some options.

I also checked out the Composer.
While it certainly wasn't built bad, I didn't see it above the competition or the Immanis.
The Immanis construction is actually very well thought through and you can even replace the headband or cups without any Tools whatsoever.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #383 of 2,074
I heard only good things about the build quality from my gang that was overthere yesterday. Immanis was compared to ZMF works and was considered more detailed and better executed sharing the same "vintage" vibe. Looking at Composer (sorry, but seriously?) I imagine the person is just not much into this design language.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #384 of 2,074
Did he give you a lead time estimate

Thanks! Really cant wait to compare it to the immortal Susvara on the same chain.
Came very close to buying the Bliss in January for my Caldera but everything is on hold now until I get the Immanis and decide if I stay with the HSA-1b. Would be great if the Bliss also sounds good with Immanis otherwise I wait and see what SAEQ releases or how it compares with Hyperion GE.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #385 of 2,074
Came very close to buying the Bliss in January for my Caldera but everything is on hold now until I get the Immanis and decide if I stay with the HSA-1b. Would be great if the Bliss also sounds good with Immanis otherwise I wait and see what SAEQ releases or how it compares with Hyperion GE.
The 300b gang strongly suggests going with tubes :)

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #386 of 2,074
The 300b gang strongly suggests going with tubes :)
I’d like to try the tube route but I don’t want to go uber-expensive. I’ll discuss options with Thomas when the time is right. I know Thomas can get me a Hyperion to try which has been described as sounding like a superb tube amp, but I’ll probably wait and see what Solaja and SAEQ release. I also have the Holo May and so was thinking that the Bliss would be a natural option to choose.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #387 of 2,074
I’d like to try the tube route but I don’t want to go uber-expensive. I’ll discuss options with Thomas when the time is right. I know Thomas can get me a Hyperion to try which has been described as sounding like a superb tube amp, but I’ll probably wait and see what Solaja and SAEQ release. I also have the Holo May and so was thinking that the Bliss would be a natural option to choose.
Well you are going for very expensive if you go with Immanis already, so why not to give in to the madness completly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yes I am currently deciding too, if I stay with Bliss or go with 300b amp like Envy or Ha-300

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #389 of 2,074
I am not serious. Spend mindful.

Mar 3, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #390 of 2,074
I am not serious. Spend mindful.
Is that possible with the price of replacement NOS 300B tubes? I see I’ve not yet given it enough thought……I think I need to go fishing in a larger pond and get more input from people who have a different way of looking at things.
And I never view the Raal phones as expensive. I’ve managed to convince myself that they are excellent value for money and have no real equals at their price points. This must also be true for Magna and Immanis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back