RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #1,172 of 1,585
Hmmm, that is interesting. Others here have posted that there is a large amount of sound leakage, one person even saying that the headphones could be used as desktop speakers. This would definitely be a problem for me so I will keep viewing posts on this thread in hopes of what others are saying.
He did say there was leakage near to the headphone. Like if you're holding it in your hands, you can hear it, but once he walked away further than a meter, it dissipated. I wonder what distance simorag was listening from when he said there was a lot of leakage.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #1,173 of 1,585
He did say there was leakage near to the headphone. Like if you're holding it in your hands, you can hear it, but once he walked away further than a meter, it dissipated.
I wonder what distance simorag was listening from when he said there was a lot of leakage.
I also wonder about the relative volume at which they were listening.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #1,174 of 1,585
Simorag told me it’s a quite leaky headphone, more so than the AB1266 (which is quite leaky).

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #1,175 of 1,585
I believe the Magna and Immani sound leakage is a deliberate design parameter as its leakage is from the front of the phones in order to give it a crossfeed effect to mimic the sound of loudspeakers. Not to mention that open backs push sound out from the cups to increase soundstage size.

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #1,176 of 1,585
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #1,179 of 1,585
The Immanis is very leaky but that has no bearing with me.

I just spoke with a dealer who wanted to talk to me about my CODA amp. He had gone to Axpona last week and heard the Immanis with another vender, not Danny. He did not like the Immanis as much as the SR1a. I was surprised at that.

Today, I traded in my Benchmark AHB2 amp for a Benchmark HPA4 preamp (straight up). The HPA4 was specifically obtained for the Immanis. I have a Benchmark LA4 which I will now sell. It is the same as the HPA4 but minus the headphone amp section.

I will have the following gear to listen with the Immanis:
  • RAAL VM-1a headphone amp (heard it with Immanis, amazing)
  • Holo Audio Serene preamp (heard it with Immanis, very good)
  • Benchmark HPA4 preamp
  • Schitt Mjolnir v3 preamp
My CODA #16 2-channel amp (amazing) may be sold to buy the Immanis. Sacrifices must be made.:gs1000smile:

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #1,180 of 1,585
I might be jumping on the hype train with an order.
Hoping to have it in the early fall. Maybe earlier, if I get lucky.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #1,182 of 1,585
Quick question regarding the warranty and outside of the warranty repairs: how much warranty do we get with Immanis purchase, is it transferable? How much does it cost to replace the drivers outside of the warranty period?

To me it plays a rather big role in my purchase descision, Meze charges exorbitant fees for driver replacements, in the same time you get lifelong driver warranty with ZMF as the original buyer and you your Susvara replaced for 300 eur outside of warranty which is pretty great deal too. Considering Immanis is 10k... well :)
Warranty is 5 years on materials and workmanship, non transferable.
All warranty claims and other request for repair will be accepted only through the original point of purchase.

We want to try to make the warranty claims as comfortable as possible, so feel free to communicate with me (simultaneously with a dealer) any problems you might be experiencing.

Whenever possible, we will just replace you the cup for a new one at the dealership, on the spot.
If you purchased online, the old cup must be returned first.

If we get a consecutive warranty claim by the same user, there will be no immediate replacement, we will have to get it back for a repair and may not offer a replacement at all, just repair.

For out-of-warranty RAAL 1995 items, we will not charge much for a repair, but we won't offer replacements.

General care of the ribbon based drivers:
Please don't do bass EQ or use excessive power.
Ribbons will politely warn you of their excursion limit by starting to buzz, slap and/or rattle in sync with bass, so make it easy for them and reduce the level when you hear that.
If you do so, they will last for many years with a very low failure rate.

Just be aware they you are getting a racing machine, not your granpa's Merc 300D Automatic.
Racing machines require much more maintenance, in this case - more careful use, and everything will fine.
For all mishaps, we're here to help...It's racing, after all, so your pit-crew is always ready and won't judge you if you run off the track...

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Apr 20, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #1,184 of 1,585
All warranty claims and other request for repair will be accepted only through the original point of purchase.

We want to try to make the warranty claims as comfortable as possible, so feel free to communicate with me (simultaneously with a dealer) any problems you might be experiencing.

Whenever possible, we will just replace you the cup for a new one at the dealership, on the spot.

If we get a consecutive warranty claim by the same user, there will be no immediate replacement, we will have to get it back for a repair and may not offer a replacement at all, just repair.

For out-of-warranty RAAL 1995 items, we will not charge much for a repair, but we won't offer replacements.

Ribbons will politely warn you of their excursion limit by starting to buzz, slap and/or rattle in sync with bass, so make it easy for them and reduce the level when you hear that.

Just be aware they you are getting a racing machine, not your granpa's Merc 300D Automatic.
Racing machines require much more maintenance, in this case - more careful use, and everything will fine.
For all mishaps, we're here to help...It's racing, after all, so your pit-crew is always ready and won't judge you if you run off the track...
Why non-transferrable on the 5-year warranty?

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #1,185 of 1,585

Glad to hear of the 5 year warranty. Raal 1995 has all the signs of a company I'll gladly support for decades to come

Users who are viewing this thread

Back