RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Apr 27, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #1,396 of 1,761
CanJam 2024 was here in NYC in March, but I wasn't aware of the Immanis then. A missed opportunity. Estimates for delivery are mid to late summer so that gives me time to try to find one to listen to. My regular dealer here in NYC is Audio46. They are very good about demos of equipment. I'll check in with them to see when they will have a set in stock. Great suggestions. Thanks.
Hmm, interesting, Mid to Late Summer, if that's true, I'm not far from my prediction that it'll be around my bday heh
Where did you hear these estimates?
Some people here were talking about September or something, though probably exaggerating

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #1,397 of 1,761
I heard the Immanis with the Holo Serene preamp that is only 3 watts (I think). I liked it so much I traded for the Benchmark HPA4. I now have two 2-channel preamps that can drive the Immanis and sound good. Your Bliss you be great on the Immanis.

The RAAL VM-1a, which I own, is the best I have heard with the Immanis
it is the best I have heard with all RAAL HP's

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #1,398 of 1,761
Hmm, interesting, Mid to Late Summer, if that's true, I'm not far from my prediction that it'll be around my bday heh
Where did you hear these estimates?
Some people here were talking about September or something, though probably exaggerating
When I placed my order 8 to 12 weeks was the don't hold me to it estimate I was given.

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #1,399 of 1,761
Due to the kindness and generosity of @sean888 (Sean from SLT) and @Aleksandar R. , I was able to receive my Immanis less than 3 weeks after I ordered it during CanJam Singapore.

When I received the Immanis, I had the Holo Audio Bliss with me. I have to admit that I was unable to replicate the “wow” moment that I had during CanJam when I listened to the Immanis on the VM1a and Armageddon and then briefly on the Mass Kobo 465.

I felt “underwhelmed” with the sound I was getting out of the Bliss, especially with the Immanis. I must clarify that the Bliss is a very good amp in my experience when I pair it with cans such as Final D8000 Pro LE. I am very happy with the sound of the Bliss.

What really bugged me was the volume on the Bliss when listening to the Immanis. I can’t shake this feeling that the Bliss is just not cutting it for me, especially when paired with the Immanis.

For context, I get this same feeling of “inadequacy” when I pair the Bliss with my Abyss Phi TC 1266 and Audeze LCD4. My best experiences with these two cans have been with my WA33, which I still regret selling.

Therefore, in my personal listening experience, I believe that the Bliss was just unable to bring out what I am aware that the Immanis is capable of.

Enter the SAEQ Armageddon…

Sean gave me an opportunity to spend some time with the SAEQ Armageddon, so that I can relive what I experienced during CanJam with the Immanis, in the comfort of my home.

These are my thoughts about listening to the SAEQ Armageddon with the Raal Immanis:

I would describe the sound I am hearing as smooth, organic, and expansive. I like the warmth I am hearing to the overall sound signature.

Regarding the synergy with the Immanis, I like the wide and airy listening experience. I feel the expansive soundstage of the Armageddon complements the detailed nature of the Immanis.

To my ears, I am hearing a natural and balanced sound.

So in summary, the 3 words that jump out at me when I hear the SAEQ Armageddon with the Raal Immanis, are: “detailed, “spacious” and “warm”.

If you like your music to be presented to your ears in such a way, then I would highly recommend this combination.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #1,400 of 1,761
Dragan of SAEQ makes great amplifiers. Not heard the Armageddon yet because I missed CJ SG. But owning the Hyperion Ge and the HSA-1C (and having heard the rest of the SAEQ collection of amplifiers), I will say that SAEQ amplifiers are great with RAAL HPs. :)

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #1,401 of 1,761
Due to the kindness and generosity of @sean888 (Sean from SLT) and @Aleksandar R. , I was able to receive my Immanis less than 3 weeks after I ordered it during CanJam Singapore.

When I received the Immanis, I had the Holo Audio Bliss with me. I have to admit that I was unable to replicate the “wow” moment that I had during CanJam when I listened to the Immanis on the VM1a and Armageddon and then briefly on the Mass Kobo 465.

I felt “underwhelmed” with the sound I was getting out of the Bliss, especially with the Immanis. I must clarify that the Bliss is a very good amp in my experience when I pair it with cans such as Final D8000 Pro LE. I am very happy with the sound of the Bliss.

What really bugged me was the volume on the Bliss when listening to the Immanis. I can’t shake this feeling that the Bliss is just not cutting it for me, especially when paired with the Immanis.

For context, I get this same feeling of “inadequacy” when I pair the Bliss with my Abyss Phi TC 1266 and Audeze LCD4. My best experiences with these two cans have been with my WA33, which I still regret selling.

Therefore, in my personal listening experience, I believe that the Bliss was just unable to bring out what I am aware that the Immanis is capable of.

Enter the SAEQ Armageddon…

Sean gave me an opportunity to spend some time with the SAEQ Armageddon, so that I can relive what I experienced during CanJam with the Immanis, in the comfort of my home.

These are my thoughts about listening to the SAEQ Armageddon with the Raal Immanis:

I would describe the sound I am hearing as smooth, organic, and expansive. I like the warmth I am hearing to the overall sound signature.

Regarding the synergy with the Immanis, I like the wide and airy listening experience. I feel the expansive soundstage of the Armageddon complements the detailed nature of the Immanis.

To my ears, I am hearing a natural and balanced sound.

So in summary, the 3 words that jump out at me when I hear the SAEQ Armageddon with the Raal Immanis, are: “detailed, “spacious” and “warm”.

If you like your music to be presented to your ears in such a way, then I would highly recommend this combination.

Why do you have to ruin it for me? lol

What DAC?

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #1,402 of 1,761
Why do you have to ruin it for me? lol

What DAC?
I'm sorry I didn't realise you are also having the same amp :dt880smile:

I am using the Chord BluDAVE, via XLR connection, to the Armageddon.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #1,403 of 1,761
I'm sorry I didn't realise you are also having the same amp :dt880smile:

I am using the Chord BluDAVE, via XLR connection, to the Armageddon.

Nah, all is good, I mean you're the first person with Bliss and Immanis experience and it wasn't as good as it was for you in show with other gear, in show meaning it was loud and all and you still think it was better.

But then you also seem to like tubes, I don't like them as much for multiple reasons, so we've got different hearing, so still some hope I won't have to change my setup for them.

Also I remember seeing a video comparison with the DAVE and May and that Tombaqui or whatever it was DAC with samples and all, I got the impression that DAVE was a bit on the wider side and a bit less meaty, but I didn't like the overall presentation of it, so there we have it, 1:1 score :p

I think I'm talking about this video:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #1,404 of 1,761
Dragan of SAEQ makes great amplifiers. Not heard the Armageddon yet because I missed CJ SG. But owning the Hyperion Ge and the HSA-1C (and having heard the rest of the SAEQ collection of amplifiers), I will say that SAEQ amplifiers are great with RAAL HPs. :)

I agree, The VM-1a, PDA-1b and Armageddon all sound excellent. I do find the Armageddon a bit too powerful though for normal to drive headphones

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #1,405 of 1,761
Nah, all is good, I mean you're the first person with Bliss and Immanis experience and it wasn't as good as it was for you in show with other gear, in show meaning it was loud and all and you still think it was better.

But then you also seem to like tubes, I don't like them as much for multiple reasons, so we've got different hearing, so still some hope I won't have to change my setup for them.

Also I remember seeing a video comparison with the DAVE and May and that Tombaqui or whatever it was DAC with samples and all, I got the impression that DAVE was a bit on the wider side and a bit less meaty, but I didn't like the overall presentation of it, so there we have it, 1:1 score :p

I think I'm talking about this video:

I absolutely agree with you that each of us hears things differently, even with the same gear ☺️ I hope you will have a better listening experience than I did with the Bliss and Immanis.

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #1,406 of 1,761
judging on my experience with Susvara and Abyss with Bliss, it falls far behind stuff like Envy or Wa23. Even with stock tubes. Yet alone amps like Rivera. I dont think its a preference thing, but simply a different level of gear.
I expect it to perform well with Immanis, but there will be a considerable jump with summit fi amps.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #1,407 of 1,761
CanJam 2024 was here in NYC in March, but I wasn't aware of the Immanis then. A missed opportunity. Estimates for delivery are mid to late summer so that gives me time to try to find one to listen to. My regular dealer here in NYC is Audio46. They are very good about demos of equipment. I'll check in with them to see when they will have a set in stock. Great suggestions. Thanks.
Shortly after Munich, I may have a set for demos. Danny

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #1,408 of 1,761
I felt “underwhelmed” with the sound I was getting out of the Bliss, especially with the Immanis.
For context, I get this same feeling of “inadequacy” when I pair the Bliss with my Abyss Phi TC 1266 and Audeze LCD4.
Yeah, you probably need to get a powerful (tube OTC) amp that can drive the Susvara / 1266 etc to their maximum.
Wa33, Envy, or an equivalent pure class A that is a step up from that Bliss level.

I had the exact same thought when i listened to my Susvara / 1266 from the Hypsos / Oor i had previously, and that combo is basically a Bliss, they are incredibly similiar in terms of sound and power.
The Envy was just a completely different experience with those headphones, like @Leto Dal and others will confirm.
Interesting that the Immanis also needs that sort of juice.
Thanks for the post, such critical and to some degree "disappointment" posts are way more helpful than blissfully (no pun intended) rejoicing.
“detailed, “spacious” and “warm”.
Very interesting, that's also what i would describe my Susvara with, though i would add "laid-back" and "musical".
I can't wait to hear it.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #1,409 of 1,761
Hi,
I have a question regarding Chord Dave and Immanis to @Aleksandar R. and possibly @innocentblood (since he has Dave and Immanis).
According to https://raalrequisite.com/raal-1995-at-canjam-new-york-city/ Immanis needs only 1.5 Watt so...
would be possible to use Immanis with the combination of Chord Dave headphone output ( 1/4TRS Jack Headphone Output 1.4 Watt at 33 Ohm) TRS interconnect cable and interface/stand ?
It is possible Dave is able to give 2.8 Watt at 16 Ohm but I am not sure...
With regards, Martin

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #1,410 of 1,761
The Bliss is designed around Susvara so whatever you're talking about regarding not enough power.
Now the tube trolls came, oof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back