RAAL 1995 Immanis
Apr 9, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #166 of 231
the envy is great I have the VM-1a but am sure my envy will be great with the Immanis

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #168 of 231
I've read a bit about the Star 8 Mk II cable at Raal:

Cables for ribbon headphones have an unusual relationship with their load. It is indeed rare that a cable will have a higher impedance than the load they drive. If you think about it long enough, your brain will begin to squirm in your skull.

Resistance, capacitance and inductance become a three-headed monster hiding under your bed. This is no causal hook-up. Get it wrong and you’re faking it. Get it right and you can enjoy faithful reproduction only a rare few have experienced.

Is the1.8 m length of the Star 8 part of the 'secret sauce' or can a shorter length be ordered and also work properly?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #169 of 231
I've read a bit about the Star 8 Mk II cable at Raal:

Cables for ribbon headphones have an unusual relationship with their load. It is indeed rare that a cable will have a higher impedance than the load they drive. If you think about it long enough, your brain will begin to squirm in your skull.

Resistance, capacitance and inductance become a three-headed monster hiding under your bed. This is no causal hook-up. Get it wrong and you’re faking it. Get it right and you can enjoy faithful reproduction only a rare few have experienced.

Is the1.8 m length of the Star 8 part of the 'secret sauce' or can a shorter length be ordered and also work properly?

I think there's a 3m version. No shorter lenghts as far as I know. It isn't that easy given the strict requirements the cable must achieve.

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #171 of 231
There used to be a longer version but now with Magna and Immanis the Star8 is only available in a 1.8m version. If a different length of cable is required you would need to ask Alex.

True. The site states the 3m isn't compatible with the TI-b interface (and the Magna/Immanis interface is the same under other looks).

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #172 of 231
Hey, when did the Charybdis sneak in there?
just recently..found a used pair at a bargain price...like them a lot

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #173 of 231
Maybe this has been covered previously, but I don't think I've seen it. Where exactly are Magna & Immanis available for [pre-]order with a deposit? And what exactly is the expected backorder time? Neither is shown on the Raal Requisite site, so I'm guessing the move to "Raal 1995" has something to do with that. If the deposit is refundable and the wait time is substantial, inquiring minds want to know where they might get in on this action. :wink:

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #174 of 231
Maybe this has been covered previously, but I don't think I've seen it. Where exactly are Magna & Immanis available for [pre-]order with a deposit? And what exactly is the expected backorder time? Neither is shown on the Raal Requisite site, so I'm guessing the move to "Raal 1995" has something to do with that. If the deposit is refundable and the wait time is substantial, inquiring minds want to know where they might get in on this action. :wink:
Please call
Danny McKinney
818-437-0779

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Apr 11, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #175 of 231
Just saying, i have to be very impressed for selling the Susvara and getting an Immanis, whenever i will have a chance to calmly compare them on my chain. I freaking love the tonality and the overall musicality of the Susvara. I just got a Lavricables Grand Silver and it's another upgrade. It just hits the right note for me.
I'm not saying that it's no possibility, but people are hyping it up a lot, when realistically a single person here has one at the moment. People kept hyping up Tungsten as it was better than any other TOTL, we all know now that it's not.

ALL THAT BEING SAID:
The only headphone i'm currently very interested in is the Immanis. Goddamn. I think of it every day since i found out about it (and i don't like that).

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #176 of 231
Just saying, i have to be very impressed for selling the Susvara and getting an Immanis, whenever i will have a chance to calmly compare them on my chain. I freaking love the tonality and the overall musicality of the Susvara. I just got a Lavricables Grand Silver and it's another upgrade. It just hits the right note for me.
I'm not saying that it's no possibility, but people are hyping it up a lot, when realistically a single person here has one at the moment. People kept hyping up Tungsten as it was better than any other TOTL, we all know now that it's not.

ALL THAT BEING SAID:
The only headphone i'm currently very interested in is the Immanis. Goddamn. I think of it every day since i found out about it (and i don't like that).
Sounds like you need to queue up for a demo unit.

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #177 of 231
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #179 of 231
So both the magna and the 1995 were my favorite auditions at AXPONA of EVERYTHING.. they truly have something special and unique. I’d liken the experience to listening to a bar concert right up next to the band. Their speed and musicality were freaken insane. Maybe most impressively unique. You just got to hear one I feel like I can’t compare it to anything I’ve heard. I may sell my bravura to grab a pair. My only critique Is that voices can be shouty but I’m 99% sure a tune or tube roll will make it perfect. Timbre is summit fi level aswell

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #180 of 231
I was Axpona and heard them as well. Both were good. The Immanis was great and pretty much everything I expected it to be. When I sat at the table with Danny, I'm pretty sure my facial expressions didn't convey that they were amazing, as I already had really high expectations and expected them to be a really well rounded detail/resolving leaning headphone. They are top tier and I didn't need the confirmation but it was good to get the opportunity. It checks a lot of boxes and has an impressive "all rounder" feeling to it. Can't want to have it on hand. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back