Radiohead - These Are My Twisted Words (New Song)
Aug 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 11
I dont like it. I like the album format, and I absolutely hate the Itunes way of buying individual songs. I want a nice physical LP or CD with artwork and lyrics and pictures all part of the creative process of the album as cohesive whole. Not just "yeah lets record this" and sell it for 2$

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont like it. I like the album format, and I absolutely hate the Itunes way of buying individual songs. I want a nice physical LP or CD with artwork and lyrics and pictures all part of the creative process of the album as cohesive whole. Not just "yeah lets record this" and sell it for 2$

I thought I was going to disagree with this, but then I heard the song. I'm not a big fan of it, but I guess it could grow on me if I had an album. It just doesn't have any context. Radiohead isn't a pop band that can churn out throwaway jingles. I need to be able to hear the song as part of a larger work to appreciate it. Wow, really didn't think I'd say that.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 11
I think it's pretty funny that johnny put in a link to both w.a.s.t.e. and a certain illicit method of acquiring the song. As far as the song itself, the first time I heard it I wasn't so into it, but then I put it on repeat for an hour and it grew on me. (this is directly opposed to ob-la-di ob-la-da, which at first I thought was cute, but after being on repeat for an hour left me suicidal. So I drank some kool-aid, but I inexplicably failed to die.)
Also, Johnny mentioned that they had a lot of songs in various states of completion. So it's possible a context will grow around the song.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #7 of 11
I like the song. Thats it.

I hate the method they're releasing it. I probably would enjoy this a lot more if it were part of an album, to give it some context. It seems like they're getting lazy. And have you seen the artwork? I could have made that on paint in 10 seconds...

Aug 18, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 11
I liked the song as soon as I heard it a few days ago. It sounded so refreshing to me. To hear this new Radiohead song after understanding each album and their characteristics, it surprised me with the direction they were taking but in a good way.

It will be quite interesting to see how they will be releasing their future content, but so far I cannot complain. I've been able to download 2 new Radiohead songs for about a dollar, and the money I used to purchase one of the songs went to charity.

Also, I can't complain about the artwork because it was merely made for this song and not for an album. Although fairly basic, I'm sure the concept behind the art matches well with their concept of the song. Don't need a Da Vinci painting for a little mp3 do you?

Aug 18, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate the method they're releasing it. I probably would enjoy this a lot more if it were part of an album, to give it some context. It seems like they're getting lazy. And have you seen the artwork? I could have made that on paint in 10 seconds...

I couldn't agree more. I really hope they don't continue to release single songs like this. But I can't argue with the price.

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

absolutely agree! I hope they change there minds about the album situation.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #11 of 11
Ive had it for a week and havent listened yet, maybe I should now... will be back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back