Rank the best sounding daps that you heard
Jul 6, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #32 of 857
How much does the Romi mod cost for the N8?

I can tell that wm1z romi mod cost me 1700 usd
That was 60% capacitors replaced for black gate, 8 wires balanced and se each made with pure silver cables and solitech solder.
New battery and new copper wires on battery.

Jul 6, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #33 of 857
I can tell that wm1z romi mod cost me 1700 usd
That was 60% capacitors replaced for black gate, 8 wires balanced and se each made with pure silver cables and solitech solder.
New battery and new copper wires on battery.
What about the result? Are you happy with it? Has the sound signature changed or did the 1Z saw his basic signature brought to the next level?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #34 of 857
Not as much as that for N8, probably because Cayin did a pretty good job with it in the 1st place. 😁

Pretty excited to get it back!

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #35 of 857
My Holy Grail Samsung Galaxy player 4.2 Wolfson DAC (discontinued). Way better than the Fiio product.

I bought two. Will probably buy a third one if needed.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #36 of 857
What about the result? Are you happy with it? Has the sound signature changed or did the 1Z saw his basic signature brought to the next level?
Not as much as that for N8, probably because Cayin did a pretty good job with it in the 1st place. 😁

Pretty excited to get it back!

It is a totally new dap it changed in regard to how soundstage is presented.
New technical abilities and a more natural slightly neutral approach.

Less bright and harsh in treble. More control in bass and less warmth in musical aspect.

Id say it has only retained 35% of sony signature. It now has the most sound of the black gate caps.

Blackgate caps are special and unique in their own way but to proclaim that its 100% better then sony caps hmmmmm that a big overstatement.

Black gate caps has a deep rumbly bass, enormous extra ordinary ability in vast sound stage. Very clean and precisely detailed sound.

I like my romi/1z as much I did love my stock 1z. I now feel my wm1z romi is like a hybrid dap between N8 and 1z 🙃🙂🤩😍

Only problem I have is the sound stage of the vocals or the middle spectre of it.... instead of vocals to be close and intimate feel. They are now more distant with a huge atmospheric sound everything is very holographic and massive 3d depths of perception.

It has the most beautiful treble I ever heard in any desktop or portable rig! Treble is so natural and real smooth delicate you simply melt with it!

Amazing pairing for real audiophile music. The recordings that are made with best quality and techniques simply is delightful. Very very good!

Stock wm1z was a better all around I think as it paired slightly more with edm music. Now audiophile music sounds better then edm lol. Its still really good but the edge goes to the other side 😝

I am still learning my romi 1z and there is a lot more to come as impressions. Romi told me I need to burn in my 1z for 1500hours to achieve the maximum burn in effect. I am only at 610 hours! Long time to go!

Oh and I forgot to add

The sound is exceptionally physical! The sound wav's simply baffling me from left to right. Amazing orgasmic feeling 🙃😊😇

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #37 of 857

Less bright and harsh in treble. More control in bass and less warmth in musical aspect.

Id say it has only retained 35% of sony signature. It now has the most sound of the black gate caps.

Blackgate caps are special and unique in their own way but to proclaim that its 100% better then sony caps hmmmmm that a big overstatement.

Black gate caps has a deep rumbly bass, enormous extra ordinary ability in vast sound stage. Very clean and precisely detailed sound.

I like my romi/1z as much I did love my stock 1z. I now feel my wm1z romi is like a hybrid dap between N8 and 1z 🙃🙂🤩😍

Only problem I have is the sound stage of the vocals or the middle spectre of it.... instead of vocals to be close and intimate feel. They are now more distant with a huge atmospheric sound everything is very holographic and massive 3d depths of perception.

It has the most beautiful treble I ever heard in any desktop or portable rig! Treble is so natural and real smooth delicate you simply melt with it!

Amazing pairing for real audiophile music. The recordings that are made with best quality and techniques simply is delightful. Very very good!

Stock wm1z was a better all around I think as it paired slightly more with edm music. Now audiophile music sounds better then edm lol. Its still really good but the edge goes to the other side 😝

I am still learning my romi 1z and there is a lot more to come as impressions. Romi told me I need to burn in my 1z for 1500hours to achieve the maximum burn in effect. I am only at 610 hours! Long time to go!

Oh and I forgot to add

The sound is exceptionally physical! The sound wav's simply baffling me from left to right. Amazing orgasmic feeling 🙃😊😇
Enjoy it. Very nice explanation, thanks. Burn-in 1500 hours, I believe you, but it seems a bit long... Anyway, the most important is that you enjoy the DAP

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #38 of 857
Enjoy it. Very nice explanation, thanks. Burn-in 1500 hours, I believe you, but it seems a bit long... Anyway, the most important is that you enjoy the DAP

Thank you!

The reason for 1500 hours burn in is . Romi explained me that the BG caps where stored and unused for 20 years!!! It is the reason why it needs longer for the burn in....

They been sleeping for very long time 😁😄😆

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #39 of 857
Thank you!

The reason for 1500 hours burn in is . Romi explained me that the BG caps where stored and unused for 20 years!!! It is the reason why it needs longer for the burn in....

Like a good wine...open it up and let it breath

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #40 of 857
If it can help I am using 64 audio Tia Fourte Noir limited edition Iems 🙃🙃🙃😇😊

It definitely contributes a lot to such amazing sound quality I am experiencing

A real Tiger Ears bliss & Love is in the air.

🐯:feet::herb:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #41 of 857

Oh and I forgot to add

Did you ever compare your Romi mods with the Romi mod using Copper wires?
That EDM thing can very easily be just the Silver components....that is the reason I personally don't like Silver in the audio chain, the sound becomes analytical.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #42 of 857
My Holy Grail Samsung Galaxy player 4.2 Wolfson DAC (discontinued). Way better than the Fiio product.

I bought two. Will probably buy a third one if needed.
Which FiiO product(s)? All of them? Trying all FiiO products might take time and mean that you like them quite a bit, actually. Just kidding, you mean the M11 (pro)?

Talking about holy grail, it's nice that you have found yours. Live happy with it. Some of us will chase the dragon until the end of time

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #43 of 857
Which FiiO product(s)? All of them? Trying all FiiO products might take time and mean that you like them quite a bit, actually. Just kidding, you mean the M11 (pro)?

Talking about holy grail, it's nice that you have found yours. Live happy with it. Some of us will chase the dragon until the end of time

The X5 and X7.

I totally love the Samsung galaxy 4.2. I was praying it would last many years. My first one lasted 5 years for an average of 3-4 hours of use a day. Not bad. Powerful enough to drive a Beyerdynamic DT770 250ohms. The look is great too. I even enjoyed listening to classical music with it. I filmed a lot of stuff with it. Just a great little device.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #45 of 857
Thank you!

Maybe I missed it. What is a BG capacitor? And if you can, why is it better then what can be made today? Tks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back