Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 21, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #16,561 of 24,676
@Redcarmoose

Wow...those ratings...
IMO Noah would be a 0, Captain America would be a 6, X-Men would probably be a 7.
The others (The Interview, Guardians of the Galaxy) I didn't watch (I was up in my own music wonderland), but I guess the rest of the family liked it.

Anyway, I have my own rating to share:
The Tale of Princess Kaguya: 9/10

Well, I never finished Captain America but liked the earlier one. I may have to go back and try it. Noah was given a high mark due it to having to handle a difficult story. No matter what your upbringing has been, most know the story. So I just gave it marks for the attempt. As a movie on it's own maybe lower.

I agree that it was melodramatic in many places. That was hard to deal with.

I should have maybe given Xmen a higher score. 10 points for the whole 70s time capsule thing. Still my scores maybe reflect my whole disenchantment with comic book movies.

This year I decided to go back a see the last two Batman movies, and again I loved em, so not all comic book movies?

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #16,562 of 24,676

Many of us remember seeing the Batman movie series starting in 1989 with Batman.

I have been a tremendous fan of the movies. Seeing both The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises again this week, reinstalled the magic!

10/10

10/10

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #16,563 of 24,676
The new Star Wars December 18th.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDoOiFJMGM

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #16,564 of 24,676

For many of us the original Sin City was mind blowing. Here we had Frank Miller and his comics blended correctly over to the big screen. It had the feel and look taken to the next level and expanded just the way the cinematic art form can do.

For once Frank Miller's wild world became real. It hit on so many levels. The technology was new, the acting and effects were spot on. So when we heard that even more money and even more high tech effects were going to be used for Sin City 2, expectations went high.

The let down was any redeeming qualities in "A Dame To Die For, were just rehashed stuff from the first movie. The characters were bland and the magic was not held over from the first movie.

Many times sequels make more money than the original on the first day. Viewers have seen the original and come to the box office for more. In this case we get an inferior movie that seems to be a perfect cash in on the power of the original movie. This movie being the the classic follow up rip off. Imo.

You know we will get a Sin City 3, help us to avoid it!

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #16,566 of 24,676
John Wick

Meh/10.

This wasn't a bad movie. The action scenes were eye-popping at times, but that was it for me.

There was nothing compelling about the film. I There were no great acting performances, especially not from Neo Anderson Keanu Reeves. A lot of the scenes just felt phoned in to me.

Again, not a bad movie. I just felt it could have been better.

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #16,567 of 24,676

FYI that's a fan made trailer. Here's the real one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Only thing I like about the new movie is that Lawrence Kasdan is writing the screenplay.
Same guy who wrote the originals (along with George Lucas maybe).

Lawrence Kasdan is also one of my favorite directors. Hope he makes another movie someday.

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #16,568 of 24,676

Only thing I like about the new movie is that Lawrence Kasdan is writing the screenplay.

Lawrence Kasdan is also one of my favorite directors. Hope he makes another movie someday.

Thank-you. I'm a big fan of every Star Wars movie. Seeing it in the theatre as a 16 year old was truly amazing. Hopefully the magic will continue.

Your You-Tube post trailer shows that they "get it" IMO.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #16,570 of 24,676
My friends brother put that ^ on to watch and we got so bored we just got up and left.

I would seriously rate this movie as 1/10, it's not even remotely good, your 5/10 mark is totally generous IMO.

I agree...as a fan of the original, I thought the remake was pretty lame. 

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #16,571 of 24,676

star wars part seven?

I haven't even watched any of these movies. Are they worth watching?

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #16,572 of 24,676
I agree...as a fan of the original, I thought the remake was pretty lame. 

There was this small four minute section at the 1/2 point where a bunch of guns go off. That's the best part and the reason I gave it a 5. It had the potential to be really good. No worry, there will be lots more action movies.

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #16,573 of 24,676
star wars part seven?

I haven't even watched any of these movies. Are they worth watching?

You have never seen Star Wars?:blink:

Depending on your age it may be too late. To appreciate Star Wars it takes a child's idealists thoughts and open mind. Many adults are lost for any understanding of the film just not moved by big hand-puppets...........then again?

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #16,574 of 24,676
Watched" The Crow" man that is such a good film. Branden Lee is so amazing in the movie. What might have been if he didn't die so tragically. Just love the look and tone of the movie. And the soundtrack is awsome. A definite 5/5

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #16,575 of 24,676
You have never seen Star Wars?:blink:

Depending on your age it may be too late. To appreciate Star Wars it takes a child's idealists thoughts and open mind. Many adults are lost for any understanding of the film just not moved by big hand-puppets...........then again?

I'm under 25yrs old, never watched a single star wars film ever.

Maybe I got this wrong but I thought star wars was like a guy thing?

I quite like science fiction but not especially so to speak, so unsure really if star wars is worth it but then again I didn't think I would like Guardians of the Galaxy but was surprised to find it actually pretty good, so if star wars is as good as GOTG then maybe I should give it a go perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back