Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jan 14, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #4,816 of 6,950
backlog, like, what games are you currently going looking at that you'd rate them more important to play than the GOTYs :p

a backlog is like all the stuff you haven't done yet but that you're planning to do

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #4,817 of 6,950
I dont actually have any like that...
I have games I will try and games I will replay again, and games I am looking for...
I dont see how I can rate something If I have not played it yet... seems like a contradiction to me :D.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #4,818 of 6,950
I've got a backlog of some 300 games. Damn Steam and GOG sales. 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #4,819 of 6,950
From normal backlog id have just a few games:
Dark souls 2 (waiting for the remastered version)
Thief (came with Eidos sale)
Tomb raider (came with sale)
Hitman absolution (after 2 missins i skipped to codename 47, absolution makes little sense due to how disguises work).
Deus Ex the fall (came with sale)
And thats about it for now.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #4,820 of 6,950
Hitman absolution (after 2 missins i skipped to codename 47, absolution makes little sense due to how disguises work).

Out of all those - do Tomb Raider first - it is excellent and not too long.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #4,821 of 6,950

I hope you haven't played any of the predecessors to Thief, Hitman: Absolution, and Deus Ex: The Fall.  If you have then you'll probably be very disappointed by them due to how oversimplified they've become (this may apply to Tomb Raider as well). 

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #4,822 of 6,950
FC 3 Blood Dragon - I like the neon aesthetics and 80's homages.  The gameplay has some nice tactical planning required, but liberating all the enemy bases does get repetitive even for such a short game.  The ending is ridiculous in a good way but it felt way too easy compared to the rest of the game.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #4,823 of 6,950
I've really been enjoying the futuristic racing game WipEout HD on PS3 with the Fury expansion pack. It's very challenging. I've already completed all the events, but on the faster speed settings and higher AI difficulty settings, it's a little too challenging. My favorite game mode is Eliminator, which consists of blowing up your opponents on the track while racking up points. With an HDTV and HDMI cable, the graphics are quite impressive as well.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #4,825 of 6,950
Btw, did anyone else jump on H1Z1? SOE on top of its game as usual - issues with account creation, issues with login and after that the servers just don't work and that's after delaying the release with lie 5 hours for final fixes. Now that's hilarious and the first early access game to become a top seller on steam without even a single buyer being able to play it. And people still bash on DayZ - at least was working day one and honestly at this momenty beats both of its major "competitors" - Miscreated and H1Z1.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #4,826 of 6,950

I hope you haven't played any of the predecessors to Thief, Hitman: Absolution, and Deus Ex: The Fall.  If you have then you'll probably be very disappointed by them due to how oversimplified they've become (this may apply to Tomb Raider as well). 

Probably I will be.
I was by absolution (the only fun part in it is to actually kill everyone) and the other games dont look too promising. I only bought the bundle because it had codename 47 and just cause 2 in it, the rest were basicly extras.
Right now I still play older games that I really liked ( Dark Sousl 1, Starcraft broodwar, PoE, Dead space 1-2..). Except Lost alpha, that one I quite love but my laptop aint powerfull enought to run with sun shadows :D.

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #4,827 of 6,950
  Probably I will be.
I was by absolution (the only fun part in it is to actually kill everyone) and the other games dont look too promising. I only bought the bundle because it had codename 47 and just cause 2 in it, the rest were basicly extras.
Right now I still play older games that I really liked ( Dark Sousl 1, Starcraft broodwar, PoE, Dead space 1-2..). Except Lost alpha, that one I quite love but my laptop aint powerfull enought to run with sun shadows :D.

Lost Alpha is the second hardest game to run from my experience, the first being Dragon Age: Inquisition.

While I think very little of Hitman: Absolution, Thief, and Deus Ex: The Fall, I strongly recommend Hitman: Blood Money, Thief Gold (with a widescreen mod, Thief Gold HD Texture Mod, and Thief Enhancement Pack 2.0), Thief II: The Metal Age (with a widescreen mod and Thief Enhancement Pack 2.0), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut.  Everyone will also recommend the first Deus Ex, but I actually haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Inquisition... approaching the 120 hour mark and I still haven't finished my first playthrough.  It is definitely most deserving of Game of the Year 2014, and it's the most ambitious single player game ever made without a doubt.

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #4,829 of 6,950

Lost Alpha is the second hardest game to run from my experience, the first being Dragon Age: Inquisition.

While I think very little of Hitman: Absolution, Thief, and Deus Ex: The Fall, I strongly recommend Hitman: Blood Money, Thief Gold (with a widescreen mod, Thief Gold HD Texture Mod, and Thief Enhancement Pack 2.0), Thief II: The Metal Age (with a widescreen mod and Thief Enhancement Pack 2.0), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut.  Everyone will also recommend the first Deus Ex, but I actually haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Inquisition... approaching the 120 hour mark and I still haven't finished my first playthrough.  It is definitely most deserving of Game of the Year 2014, and it's the most ambitious single player game ever made without a doubt.

Dragon Age Origins was an amazing game that I replayed 4 times in almost a row. Dragon Age two was a game I barely managed to finish (it was more pain than pleasure, the only thing I liked was using a specific magic combo that dragged everyone to me, then a ground slam, then an explosion that sent everyone flying away).
Allow me to explain: Dragon Age 1 was new, everything had to be learned from 0, and once you did, you felt powerfull because not only the characters were stronger, but becasue your control and understanding of them was higher as well.
In dragon age 2, you start from scratch again, with new characters and new spells/skills.
This would be ok if youd get the same character intro and story and tutorial etc as in the first game.
In dragon age 2, its like: you know all there is to know, but everything is different now, but you still should know.
I dont see much of a point to call the game dragon age 2 when there is so little correlation with the first game.
Im gonna take my time before I consider dragon age inquisition, as it seems yet another story almost by itself.

The older games you mentioned are so so for me. I tried all hitmans and still love 47 most (main reason is on how the missions work). I played missing link and original HR, so I guess almost everything will already be covered in directors cut, but ill try it anyway. All nice and good, but get boring once you realize that the smartest move is to always use non-lethal takedows since it gives higher XP (from my point of view its harder to use guns and headshots, especially without raising an alarm than to use silent takedows, but ok).

Thiefs Ill leave for later. I tried the last one for about 35 seconds before uninstalling it. I might try it someday but it looks like a terrible game. The first thing I did was running after a girl and basically pressing space.... for 30 seconds... Dark Messiah of Might and Magic has a similar part but it looked far better: You knew why you were chasing the ghoul, and that it was important to catch it and that you could actually FAIL. And you had to find the way yourself, and do it fast enough to not loose the ghoul.
So... basicly if you did it, in first try, you felt like you were good. Pressing space while holding W... not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back