Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 16, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #4,426 of 6,972
Guys I am planning to pick handheld.

any advice?

Vita : to play classics like chrono trigger, final fantasy 6/9/tactics, persona 4 golden etc

3ds : unique Nintendo stuff.

Note that I have not played any of these games before. Also I love retro graphics so it won't factor in decision.

thanks.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #4,427 of 6,972

any advice?

Vita : to play classics like chrono trigger, final fantasy 6/9/tactics, persona 4 golden etc

Note that I have not played any of these games before. Also I love retro graphics so it won't factor in decision.

thanks.

Get the Vita. IMO, you get much more for what you pay. Plus you get some pretty awesome games with it. Like FF7.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #4,429 of 6,972

any advice?

thanks.

I got a 3ds, I only have 4 games for it but do not regret it. It's a really solid system and actually has support....unlike the poor Vita. Why have you forsaken it sony....why?

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #4,430 of 6,972
Yeah, I don't think the vita is a good buy. Sony kinda dropped the ball this time. Purely for the classics I'll rather stick to an android phone or a tablet with a wireless controller if you don't like touch controls.
Ps1 emulators like epsxe handle pretty good all PS1 games even on old Android devices, so aside from some ps2 games I would have liked to be able to play I'll rather go the emulator way than spend money on something like the vita. Now, if only they hurry up with the ps2 emulators for android as I'm pretty sure the current gen devices should have no issues handling that with their hardware. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #4,431 of 6,972
  Yeah, I don't think the vita is a good buy. Sony kinda dropped the ball this time. Purely for the classics I'll rather stick to an android phone or a tablet with a wireless controller if you don't like touch controls.
Ps1 emulators like epsxe handle pretty good all PS1 games even on old Android devices, so aside from some ps2 games I would have liked to be able to play I'll rather go the emulator way than spend money on something like the vita. Now, if only they hurry up with the ps2 emulators for android as I'm pretty sure the current gen devices should have no issues handling that with their hardware. 

That is true. It might actually be more worth it to go with a PSP since there are so many homebrew games and emulators for it.

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #4,432 of 6,972
Sony "TV" might be worth looking into. its a little box for 100$ that you can buy vita games for. rather then 300 on a vita.

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #4,434 of 6,972

That is true. It might actually be more worth it to go with a PSP since there are so many homebrew games and emulators for it.

I am afraid psp is out of stock where I live. also they stopped making it so I doubt it will be in stock.

as for android, can I find legit rips?

I would also like to support square enix for those games. will hate to play a game like baldurs gate 2 or final fantasy 7 pirated.

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #4,435 of 6,972

I am afraid psp is out of stock where I live. also they stopped making it so I doubt it will be in stock.

as for android, can I find legit rips?

I would also like to support square enix for those games. will hate to play a game like baldurs gate 2 or final fantasy 7 pirated.

Well, no rip is a legit one. For instance, you can buy ps1 discs and rip them on your pc yourself but in square enix's book that will be pirating coz they have a bunch of them available for $15+ on google play even though you can buy them in physical format much cheaper.
I refuse to spend a single dime to support that ridiculous marketing strategy - buying the same games over and over again for each separate system just because there is never backwards compatibility or the publishers want to mooch off of me. So a big middle finger to them and playing FF, Persona and Castlevania games for free on my phone. I only pay for games that I don't already own in several other formats, so I refuse to spend $100+ on the android store for a handful of ported square enix games.
And to use a head-fi relevant metaphor for this ridiculousness - it's like if every time you changed your DAP the music companies forced you to repurchase the music you already bought and own. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #4,437 of 6,972

any advice?

thanks.

The VirtualBoy of course!

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #4,438 of 6,972

You need a sony tv to play it..probably be just for the newer tvs!

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/24/playstation-vita-tv-review/

NOPE

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #4,440 of 6,972
<<I wanted orange. It gave me lemon-lime.>>

Currently replaying the Deus Ex series on PC. I've already played the original Deus Ex twice, this will be my third play-through. I never attempted Invisible War, but will attempt it soon. The graphics aren't on par with current gen games and consoles, but the lore and story-line is second to few. 

10/10 for the Original Deus Ex
8.0/10 for Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back