Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #4,746 of 6,943
Finished Walking Dead Season 2. 8/10, great story, good feels, needed more action.

Final Fantasy Theathrhythm. 8/10. solid music game, literally all the songs of FF, wish I was better though.

Runescape. 7.5/10. So much content. Oh god not again.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #4,747 of 6,943
Finished Walking Dead Season 2. 8/10, great story, good feels, needed more action.

Final Fantasy Theathrhythm. 8/10. solid music game, literally all the songs of FF, wish I was better though.

Runescape. 7.5/10. So much content. Oh god not again.

Theatrhythm was a great game, took me a while to master, but I'm too broke to buy more songs. 8/10 as well.

Another great Final Fantasy game was Dissidia 012. The backstory was meh, but to be able to play Lightning is worth every penny. 
biggrin.gif
 9/10 since I'm an FF fan.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! -- also a solid 9/10. The story is probably the most engaging of all the BL games, which actually got me to play more of the game than I ever did with the other ones. After a while, it did turn into Bored-erlands like always, though. I guess I'll just have to wait for the Jack Double DLC and I'll probably finish the game twice again.

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #4,748 of 6,943
All of Our Friends are Dead :dude what/10.

This game was vaporware until a few years ago. I had heard storys about it and it just seemed like another hoax of a scary game or something right? WRONG! this is a real game and its pretty unsetteling...something about it looking so bad makes it scary...I'm really not sure what to think about it to be honest.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #4,749 of 6,943

Normal mode.  I'm sure supplies are more scarce on harder difficulties and you die easier, but that doesn't alleviate the main gameplay problems I have with it unfortunately (repetitive environments and gameplay, mechanics are too straightforward for a survival game in my opinion).  

I do agree with Zojokkeli about Resident Evil though.  Code Veronica wasn't bad, Zero just wasn't great, and RE4-RE6 are more shooters than survival horror (like Dead Space).  Some of the modern survival horror titles I like are Underhell, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (especially with mods), Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra series, and if you want to count them then Fallout 3/New Vegas too (especially with mods).  

I would not call Dead Space a survival horror but rather a jump scare shooter.
Still, for what it it is is very nice. Also please note that I play dead space on a very good quality huge screen (as a monitor) and either HE-400 or Logitech Z-5500. It does get scary sometimes.
Stalker I feel was always easier than dead space for me (even in highest difficulty vs just normal in dead space), because as it is so open there are always ways to trick the AI into doing something that makes it easier.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #4,750 of 6,943
  I would not call Dead Space a survival horror but rather a jump scare shooter.
Still, for what it it is is very nice. Also please note that I play dead space on a very good quality huge screen (as a monitor) and either HE-400 or Logitech Z-5500. It does get scary sometimes.
Stalker I feel was always easier than dead space for me (even in highest difficulty vs just normal in dead space), because as it is so open there are always ways to trick the AI into doing something that makes it easier.

I think that's a fair term for Dead Space.  It's very surprising that you find Dead Space to be harder than S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  Which S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game exactly?  It's very easy to avoid confrontation in Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, but not Shadow of Chernobyl at times.  In terms of damage ratios Dead Space is much easier on any difficulty, and then there's the fact that the world itself in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is deadly.  I recommend playing with mods too: Mod Pack 2013 for SoC, Mod Pack 2012 for Clear Sky, Misery 2 for CoP, Lost Alpha with Mod Pack 2014.

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #4,752 of 6,943
  Played it last night.  Very much like Far Cry 3 with the obvious amount of improvements that come with a sequel.  Better inventory system.  I like the ready to craft notification and the auto-drive feature.  The graphics are pretty great too.

I've been playing it also and my impressions are pretty much spot on to your's. So far the only thing that I'm not a fan of is the skill point system, IMO it's too simple.

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #4,753 of 6,943

I've been playing it also and my impressions are pretty much spot on to your's. So far the only thing that I'm not a fan of is the skill point system, IMO it's too simple.

Agreed. Not too much of a Far Cry from FC3, but the auto-craft, auto-drive, and the Buzzer is a lot of fun to play around with. Already 10 hours in and I haven't done much...I think I did too much sightseeing.
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #4,754 of 6,943

I think that's a fair term for Dead Space.  It's very surprising that you find Dead Space to be harder than S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  Which S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game exactly?  It's very easy to avoid confrontation in Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, but not Shadow of Chernobyl at times.  In terms of damage ratios Dead Space is much easier on any difficulty, and then there's the fact that the world itself in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is deadly.  I recommend playing with mods too: Mod Pack 2013 for SoC, Mod Pack 2012 for Clear Sky, Misery 2 for CoP, Lost Alpha with Mod Pack 2014.

Misery was slightly challenging, but the rest was very easy. The reason I found those games easy was because once you hit a certain amount of minimal requirements (any decent shooter, decent amount of health packs and even crappy suit above leather/bandit suit) it is easy to asses the situation form a distance and pick enemies off rather easy (in terms of corridors, it is even easier as grenades are OP here).

Dead Space does not allow you many times to think things long enough (especially as I play by always selling everything I have except 1 full clip for the plasma cutter, i run away, melee or stasis if things get dicey). I know I could carry 5 ammo racks and 10 medkits but that would be way too boring :D.

I mean Stalker shadow of chernobyl 2009 mod ( i think that was the name) as well as lost alpha, and clear sky complete.
As I said Misery was slightly better in terms of survivability, but one thing that bothered me a lot was the forced blur and excesive recoil of weapons in some cases.
It felt as if you were a nerd trying to fire a gun, not a soldier :D.
I still love the stalker series (got all of them), but once you get that real "starter armor/gun", the game does go downhill a bit.

Now Im playing some Alice Madness Returns. Id rate it a 6/10. Most of the time it is repetitive but it has some decent highlights. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #4,755 of 6,943
  Misery was slightly challenging, but the rest was very easy. The reason I found those games easy was because once you hit a certain amount of minimal requirements (any decent shooter, decent amount of health packs and even crappy suit above leather/bandit suit) it is easy to asses the situation form a distance and pick enemies off rather easy (in terms of corridors, it is even easier as grenades are OP here).

Dead Space does not allow you many times to think things long enough (especially as I play by always selling everything I have except 1 full clip for the plasma cutter, i run away, melee or stasis if things get dicey). I know I could carry 5 ammo racks and 10 medkits but that would be way too boring :D.

I mean Stalker shadow of chernobyl 2009 mod ( i think that was the name) as well as lost alpha, and clear sky complete.
As I said Misery was slightly better in terms of survivability, but one thing that bothered me a lot was the forced blur and excesive recoil of weapons in some cases.
It felt as if you were a nerd trying to fire a gun, not a soldier :D.
I still love the stalker series (got all of them), but once you get that real "starter armor/gun", the game does go downhill a bit.

Now Im playing some Alice Madness Returns. Id rate it a 6/10. Most of the time it is repetitive but it has some decent highlights. 

Complete 2009 mod actually makes it much easier than the base game.  It's true that Dead Space doesn't give you much time to think things through, but that's because it doesn't need it at all.  As for Misery, you can disable the forced blur and I think recoil was toned down on heavier caliber weapons in the latest version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back