RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Mar 30, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #3,361 of 3,674
I'm still bent out of shape that they never got back to me when they were offering to re-terminate EA cables at no charge until Feb 1 or so? I even reached out about via PM re: not hearing from their info email acccount and they said someone would definitely be getting back to me. Still haven't heard from anyone and certainly don't think I'm getting any cables converted.

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #3,362 of 3,674
It must've been an honest mistake, I had my cables reterminated and I had no trouble communicating with them. At least until now, since I'm still waiting for my PM :dt880smile:

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #3,363 of 3,674
Gut feeling is that the Chiron flopped ultra hard and they’re trying to salvage it. A lot of those PMs specifically recommended it, and so far I’ve seen no real interest or hype around it from any end users. Could be a positive thing if EA actually started putting in effort into their designs like they did with the Centurion

They also suggested a Chiron for my Jewel. Lol.

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #3,364 of 3,674

I was surprised they messaged me up, LOL and ja Chiron for my EXT. I'm tempted but not $3K tempted.

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #3,365 of 3,674
I was surprised they messaged me up, LOL and ja Chiron for my EXT. I'm tempted but not $3K tempted.

Exactly lol. Maybe at like $1100 I would consider it but $3k ? Idk about that. I haven’t heard it so can’t make any final judgements but that’s too much for me at this point.

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #3,367 of 3,674
I got some messages from them, but little do they know that I’m a stock cable guy.
I did emphasize I was a Eletech fam-boy, LOL.

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #3,368 of 3,674
Mar 30, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,369 of 3,674
I randomly had an EA rep reach out to me on FB "just to see if I needed any info on any of their products". I didn't think anything of it.

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #3,370 of 3,674
Woah, they really did take the shotgun approach, contacted basically everyone?

I actually got an email a few weeks ago asking about my preferred method of communication. Told them WhatsApp, didn’t think much of it, and they didn’t really say anything since

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #3,371 of 3,674
My LX stock EA cable broke at each 2 pin connector. None of my other cables have broken. I’ve fixed on PWA for my after market cables. I would like to try a @doctorjuggles at some point though.

Mar 30, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #3,372 of 3,674
Gut feeling is that the Chiron flopped ultra hard and they’re trying to salvage it. A lot of those PMs specifically recommended it, and so far I’ve seen no real interest or hype around it from any end users. Could be a positive thing if EA actually started putting in effort into their designs like they did with the Centurion
Judging by the posts in the EA Club Facebook page, the first batch definitely got cleared ala usual HF cable suspects (aka their usual clientele).

Like you say it probably hasn't gotten traction outside of that group.

I just ignored it, I fully expect some kind of deposit to be charged and I flat out refuse to have a hold on my credit card just to try something. Plus I've never really reviewed cables and I'm not gonna start.

Also, I just saw SY recommend it for the Odin. Almost snorted my morning coffee out my nose. A cable that costs as much as the iem? No thank you.
I'm still bent out of shape that they never got back to me when they were offering to re-terminate EA cables at no charge until Feb 1 or so? I even reached out about via PM re: not hearing from their info email acccount and they said someone would definitely be getting back to me. Still haven't heard from anyone and certainly don't think I'm getting any cables converted.
EA is super hit and miss, keep trying. @riverground and I can attest to the time trying to get a cable reterminated. Literally them adding ear guides without asking and giving the black pentaconn EA jack is the only reason I haven't unleashed wrath on them.
But Aeneid though 😏 What you mean is not EA $3K tempted. Eletech on the other hand...
I got some messages from them, but little do they know that I’m a stock cable guy.
64 will love you 🤣

Mar 30, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #3,373 of 3,674
EA is super hit and miss, keep trying. @riverground and I can attest to the time trying to get a cable reterminated. Literally them adding ear guides without asking and giving the black pentaconn EA jack is the only reason I haven't unleashed wrath on them.🤣
Yeaa I'm not exactly thankful for frankensteining my Trisilver with earhooks, plussound was my only cable that was fine without them.

On the other hand, they were super chill with reexamining my No10, which sounded extra-lame upon returning. Having not heard it prior to retermination (originally they had QDC connectors which I did not have) I assumed it just didn't click with my collection. But it turned out polarity was reversed and it had to be redone. The one time I could really, REALLY, tell a cable made a difference. Kinda wish it was a positive one...

Mar 30, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #3,374 of 3,674
Same for me. It surprised me because I didn't hear anyone else mentioning that cable. I was thinking if I wanted to get a TOTL cable from them it would be a Centurion.

Mar 30, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #3,375 of 3,674
My LX stock EA cable broke at each 2 pin connector. None of my other cables have broken. I’ve fixed on PWA for my after market cables. I would like to try a @doctorjuggles at some point though.
Count me in as a fan of @doctorjuggles. His service is fantastic and his cables have great ergonomics, look and feel which are very important to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back