RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Jan 28, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #3,226 of 3,674
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #3,227 of 3,674
Any thoughts/feelings on the new Mojo info?

Uncategorized

Chord Electronics
Mojo2
Black Finish Only
Price: £ 449 (UK)

About 7 years after Chord Electronics created the portable headphone / DAC amplifier "Mojo", the new "Mojo 2" is released.

UHD DSP
・ Advanced DSP allows integrated tone adjustment over all frequency bands
・ UHD DSP technology operates at 705 / 768KHz
・ Uses 104bit and extended internal noise modulation
・ UHD DSP provides bass and medium The entire frequency band can be adjusted in 18 steps for each frequency band of bass, bass, and treble.

-The volume adjustment range has also been improved from + 18dB to -108dB. It has two types of operating ranges, low volume and high volume.
・ It is equipped with a new cross-feed mode with 4 settings controlled by DSP, realizing a space effect for listening like a headphone speaker.

・ Introduced a menu system
Equipped with a mute function, 4-step customization function, travel button lock function, tone control function, etc.

・ Digital input
USB-C input has been newly installed to increase the number to 4 systems, enabling more flexible support.
USB-C, optical, coaxial (including dual data for M scaler), and Micro USB installed.
3.5mm mini jack headphone output There are two systems, and up to two people can listen to music at the same time.

-Charging system
New FPGA-based charging system greatly improves battery management
This technology significantly improves charging speed, reduces power loss by 75%, and enables more efficient charging.
Increased capacity by 9%, improved performance and improved battery life to over 8 hours

-The "Intelligent Desktop Mode" technology has also been improved to support batteryless operation by redesigning the battery isolation and power supply.

・ Improved WTA (Watts Transient Aligned) filter to achieve 40,960 taps (technical indicator of interference filter complexity) using 40 DSP cores.

・ Improved noise modulator improves depth and detail, and improved 4e pulse array DAC reduces distortion and out-of-band noise.
・ Abolishes coupling capacitors to achieve higher neutrality.

・ Mojo 2 is designed and manufactured in the UK. Uses a high-quality aluminum housing with a black finish that has been sandblasted.

Mojo 2 is fully compatible with Poly Streamer / Server, allowing you to store and play up to 2TB of solid libraries when using high resolution streaming and microSD card slots.

I feel like I keep purchasing portable amps and then never really using them, I love the Diablo but it's been collecting dust for the most part lol. Intelligent desktop mode and a fixed battery don't sound all that bad though, as long as it's not as outrageously warm as the OG Mojo

I unsubscribed from the Mojo thread after seeing that yesterday.

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #3,230 of 3,674
And I’m assuming the Mojo 2 has no LCD screen to display the modes?
Yeah, it looks like it uses color codes on the balls. The Hugo TT2 has screen to see modes.

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #3,231 of 3,674
Hey, what DAP and case is that in the first picture? Strange leather cutouts and black body.. looks pretty cool! :D
That’s the stock Shanling M9 leather case 😄

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #3,232 of 3,674
That’s the stock Shanling M9 leather case 😄
Forget the DAP and the IEMs, it's that cable that makes that picture.

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #3,233 of 3,674
Cable does look like it was made for the xenon.

Jan 31, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #3,234 of 3,674
Kr5 infographic

Kr5 infographic.PNG

Personal feelings on the IEM: redundant :D edit: posting my feelings on the IEMs feels redundant, not the IEMs themselves lmao

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #3,236 of 3,674
This thread is a interesting read. I'm currently looking for a TOTL iem. Currently I've only got Audeze LCDi4 and they can only be used in quiet environments. I started looking at Noble Sultan - because I'v had Nobles before (Kaiser Encore). But after some research I ended up looking at Fir Kr5 and Xe6. Love how Fir is pushing the boundaries and trying new stuff. (And succeeding it seems..) My music preference is acoustic - jazz and classical for the most, but also some rock and indie as long as it's not too mainstream. I really like good bass, but also a holographic soundstage and nice separation. Who doesn't want it all? :wink: I'm particularly interested in the differences between Xe6 and Kr5. Not many reviews out there yet. I'v read that Xe6 is very good at reproducing the sound of big orchestras. I really like big symphonies like Mahler. But Kr5 seems more balanced and suitable for more genres, if what I'm reading is correct... hope mvvRAZ or others can chime in. Thanks!

Jan 31, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #3,237 of 3,674
This thread is a interesting read. I'm currently looking for a TOTL iem. Currently I've only got Audeze LCDi4 and they can only be used in quiet environments. I started looking at Noble Sultan - because I'v had Nobles before (Kaiser Encore). But after some research I ended up looking at Fir Kr5 and Xe6. Love how Fir is pushing the boundaries and trying new stuff. (And succeeding it seems..) My music preference is acoustic - jazz and classical for the most, but also some rock and indie as long as it's not too mainstream. I really like good bass, but also a holographic soundstage and nice separation. Who doesn't want it all? :wink: I'm particularly interested in the differences between Xe6 and Kr5. Not many reviews out there yet. I'v read that Xe6 is very good at reproducing the sound of big orchestras. I really like big symphonies like Mahler. But Kr5 seems more balanced and suitable for more genres, if what I'm reading is correct... hope mvvRAZ or others can chime in. Thanks!
I'll try to get the Xe6 infographic out ASAP (hopefully before Thursday-Friday), and then for the review it'll be entirely a comparison - I did that with the Abyss Diana's some time back, won't focus on either but only do a long side by side.

I've only spent several hours with the 6, so far I'd say I'd recommend the 5 over it based on its outrageous technical ability - the 6 is really addicting, and in some way it's almost like an LX successor (half the Legend EVO users I know of have EQ'd and all my friends sold it within 2 weeks of getting it it so I'm kinda counting that as a bit of a flop without having heard it myself), the bass really is massive and the signature as a whole is quite friendly and relaxing. It redeems itself to me through the midrange and treble speed which help maintain clarity (something the EXT did not do for me), and well, the dynamics really are probably the best I've heard.

I can see myself eventually using the Xe6 less though, because its tuning is more unique, while the only way to beat the Kr5 to me within its class (neutral, linear, reference monitors), would be to reproduce it with even better quality bass/midrange treble. The trouble with that is, FiR have to me created the best bass out of any IEM, tia treble has been my absolute favourite treble due to its speed since I heard the U18t years ago, and well, who cares about mids they're there to just connect bass and treble :D /s

Note that I have been especially enjoying clinical and neutral monitors, so the Kr5 nails my biases to the dot

IMG-6713.jpg

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #3,238 of 3,674
who cares about mids they're there to just connect bass and treble
Ha! I’m picturing large floor standers with dual 10” woofers and a ribbon or horn loaded tweeter, in IEM form.

Elysium lovers are probably hurling expletives at their screen. 🙃

I’d say the sonic preference must always be laid over the music preferences for a complete picture. If it’s electronic and ambient and EDM and D&B then I can get the above. If it’s acoustic and vocal and classic and new age it may well be the inverse.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #3,239 of 3,674
Ha! I’m picturing large floor standers with dual 10” woofers and a ribbon or horn loaded tweeter, in IEM form.

Elysium lovers are probably hurling expletives at their screen. 🙃

I’d say the sonic preference must always be laid over the music preferences for a complete picture. If it’s electronic and ambient and EDM and D&B then I can get the above. If it’s acoustic and vocal and classic and new age it may well be the inverse.
I *am* an Elysium owner :D though it hasn't seen the light of day for over an year now

I feel like if you're someone who's really into their mids you probably wouldn't be in this thread anyways haha, I haven't properly enjoyed any of the midrange-legends out there like the Traillii, Elysium, EXT, Erl, VE8 yadda yadda - I do listen to some jazz and vocals and whatnot, but even there I prefer a colder presentation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back