Recommend me a new pair of boots.
Aug 27, 2007 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Anarchy965

500+ Head-Fier
Saw the Carrhart vs. Dickies thread and thought I should make a boots thread.
My last pair of boots was a nice pair of Timberland PRO 6" TiTANs with a steel(titanium?) toe. These were really comfortable.
What I liked about them:
-comfort!
-lightweight for a steel toe
-quick lace hooks that didn't bend!
What I didn't like:
-They cost me $200 when I bought them and I don't usually pay more than $150 for boots.
-The soles are flat and have little traction on dirt.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 9
Timberland are the Bose of boots! You should get a pair of Gore-tex Vasque hiking boots such as their Skywalks. I've had mine for over ten years. They could use some new Outsoles but are still going strong with heavy use. I think mine ran $150 or so.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 9
If you do work in slippery areas, I have to recommend www.shoesforcrews.com

I've had a pair of sneakers and boots from them, and they last for about a year with constant use. The slip resistance is a godsend sometimes, and they are comfortable although somewhat utilitarian in appearance.

Aug 27, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 9
caterpillar makes nice workboots, quite decent, but they are overpriced becuase they set them up to compete with the timberlands,

i have a pair of timberland prototypes i gut from an outlet store, the inside is all denim, so for 30 euros they costed, they seem to have paid off quite well, the normal interior on timberland boots is horrible, i had a pair where the degradation was so bad i could touch the outside layer of the boot from the inside of the boot,

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Red Wing! Super-high quality. made in the US. But they ain't cheap...

They even made an Eric Clapton model for you Slowhand fans...

I have a pair like these

875.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back