Recommend me a player with a big stonking HDD
Jul 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Amfibius

New Head-Fier
This is what I want: 

- Enough HDD space for all my music. Preferably >100GB. 
- NOT APPLE. I hate iTunes with a passion. 
- Classical music friendly (i.e. ability to group by composer and nest folders within). 
- drag and drop functionality preferred. 

- budget: unlimited
- size: not important as long as it fits in a pocket
- touch screen: not important
- movies: not important

All my music is on FLAC but I can convert it to MP3 for my player. Take it away, people. 

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 4
The iBasso DX100 (highly recommended and it offers amazing soundquality without external AMPs/DAC bulk) has dedicated built in AMPS/DAC and 64GB capacity with Micro SD slot which acccept 64GB cards. Cowon X7 also comes with 120GB, 160GB and offers great soundquality with long battery life and both DAPs plays FLAC files.

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you, Zarim. I did a bit of googling of that iBasso and it does sound like what i'm after. Built-in headphone amp is a real plus. It says that it only supports "up to" 32GB MicroSD, but no matter. I can keep a library of them if I must :) I'll wait till next week and do more googling (and see if there are more replies) before I buy one. Thanks again. 

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I know you said not apple but there are now 240 gig ipods on ebay.  These now run Rockbox, which turns it into a drag and drop device and also plays Flac.  You can set Rockbox up how you like.  For example I bought the 160 gig just for audiobooks.  On itunes this was a mahoosive pita to tag and sort properly.  Now with rockbox on I can have them sorted how I like.

Only downside is you will have to order the 240's from ebay.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back