Recommend me some Cans headfiers! plzz.. im desperate
Jul 3, 2011 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dreamLRG

Head-Fier
So ive been doing a lot of studying these days, and i need some comfrotable fones.

budget: up to 200!

Cans that have:

clarity 
good bass response
stylish
MOST IMPORTANTLY COMFORT!, some i can wear for ages!!!

P.s I have a big head.

Thank you headfiers

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 11
Heya,

Sounds like you would enjoy a BeyerDyanmic.

Check out the DT770 & DT880. If you don't have an amplifier, or not willing to get one, look at the 32ohm versions. If you're using a computer with a sound card that has a built in amp (Xonar DG $30, STX, HdTitanium, etc) then go for the 250ohm versions.

Plan on using them at home or plan on being able to walk around with them too (ie, portable?).

Very best,

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
Heya,

Sounds like you would enjoy a BeyerDyanmic.

Check out the DT770 & DT880. If you don't have an amplifier, or not willing to get one, look at the 32ohm versions. If you're using a computer with a sound card that has a built in amp (Xonar DG $30, STX, HdTitanium, etc) then go for the 250ohm versions.

Plan on using them at home or plan on being able to walk around with them too (ie, portable?).

Very best,

I think I read somewhere that ALL Beyerdynamic variants require an amp. Is this true?

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #6 of 11
@crinacle
Quote:
Don't bash me, I've just read it somewhere on Head-Fi. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Life and learn :)

I wasn't bashing. Myself I'm wondering how the 32 ohm could be good, since lot of head-fier are looking for the 600 ohm version, the one the most difficult to drive.

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 11
surely the sensitivity ratings have been published.
e.g.:  93dB / mW.  etc.

but, yes, OP.  beyer cans are supremely comfortable.

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 11
dreamLRG,
I have the following 3 headphones that I absolutely recommend:

Grado SR80i or Alessandro MS1 $99
Clarity: check
Good bass response: check
Stylish: check (this is personal since I think all Grado look cool, except the iGrado)
Comfort: check (the comfy pads are exactly what they claim to be, very comfy, and warm too, make great earmuffs)

AKG K701 somewhere around $200 for second hand, $300 for new
Clarity: check (crystal crystal crystal clear)
Good bass response: check (leaner bass than the Grado, but if you're not a basshead then you don't need to worry)
Stylish: big check (this is the reason I got them, white and red leather, best looker in AKG lineup)
Comfort: check (I wear these to watch movie after movie)

AKG K242 somewhere around $200-$250 new
Clarity: check (slight darker sound that the Grado and the K701, not piercing and crystal clear, but because of this you can listen for hours without treble fatigue)
Good bass response: big check (nice full bass here, but not overwhelming, which is a good thing)
Stylish: check (only if you like the retro look)
Comfort: big check (very light headphones)

You have a big head??? Oh crap, I have a small head, but still....try with confidence

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #10 of 11
ATH-AD900, XB1000, HD595, FA-002, FA-003 and Grado SR225i.

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #11 of 11
the audio technica M-50 would be good and you can still get a nice cheap amp for around 80 bucks (M50 is around 100-120 if u shop around) :) 

the M50 is a studio monitoring headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back