Recommendation: Cheap isolating headphones
Apr 13, 2020 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gedneyj

New Head-Fier
I know this may seem odd to ask on such a high quality forum, but I greatly appreciate everyone's insights over the years.

My wife is doing schoolwork from home, and we have a lot of distractions with me, 3 kids, a dog, and a cat. I need to find a pair of headphones that she can use to block it all out. She prefers over ear vs IEM, but to be honest she has ZERO ability to discern crappy sound vs quality sound. For example, she cannot appreciate the difference in my ATH M40X using Tidal and our daughter's crappy cheap Skull Candys using the free Pandora.

What do you recommend for something cheap, but comfy, to wear in our office and block out the house noise so she can focus on schoolwork? Thanks for the help!

Apr 14, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 2
If sound quality isn't a priority... I'd check out the Alesis DRP100 on Amazon. Haven't tried them personally, but just looking at them they look out they could block out anything. If you don't want to pay $$$ for bluetooth headphones with high-quality ANC, then I think a style similar to the DRP100s is going to be your best route.

I sported the Sony WH-H900N model for a couple years. They're bluetooth, sound pretty decent for their (I mean, their bass boosted), and I thought the ANC worked exceptionally well. They've since come down in price considerably since their launch, so you can pick them up for $99 on Amazon. Think of them as a discount WH-1000XM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back