Recommendations for portable amps for mobile phone: interference/static noise and shielding
Apr 9, 2015 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jonathanjong

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I'm in the market for a portable amp, but one of the things I've found annoying about them is the fact that wifi/3G/4G causes annoying static noises if they're not shielded properly, etc. So, I'd like to know of you positive experiences with slim, very portable amps that don't have this problem. Go!

Thanks.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 6
Back to when I used my phone as a primary source with Fiio E17, It constantly hissed overtime. Turning on airplane mode is the best way for me to get rid of those noises.

For your information, Sometime it depends on your phone and your cellular network. To me, my current portable amp will still hiss whenever I turn 3G/4G on and off, even though it is connected to my DAP, not my phone (but only when they are close to each other), at least in my case.

p.s. My experience only includes the E17 with an outdated phone and an anachronistic cellular network, It might no longer be a problem now.

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 6
I use the e11k with my iphone 5s, and the interference is a big problem:frowning2: The noises are sometimes so loud that i can hear them when listening to fairly loud music. The volume on the amp doesn't affect the sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back