Recommended IEMs for Beginners?
Sep 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Kent0

Head-Fier
Heya!, Im finding some good Bang for the Buck! IEMs, i primary listen to rock, some techno, soft rock..., The primary use for the IEMs is while im relaxing (or sleeping) so they must be very comfortable..... Thanks in advance guys

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 11
There is still a great deal on Atrio M5s at the www.atrio.me website. For head-fi'ers, there is a 50% off coupon where you get a $199 pair of M5s with the MG7 drivers for about $107 shipped. I have had mine for several months and love them. If you search slickdeals.net or the Atrio thread here, you can find the code to use. They come with a bunch of different tips so you can find what you like best in terms of comfort. Great isolation, great bass response, very good for use with many different genres.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 11
The JVC FX3X are good match for these genres music and offers deep punchy bass with crisp clear mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 11
Thanks for your recommendation, I'll find some reviews later on these

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
The JVC FX3X are good match for these genres music and offers deep punchy bass with crisp clear mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage.

aren't they bass monsters? i don't like TOO MUCH BASS, what really matters for me is the mid range (coz im gonna use them for relaxing) btw, have you ever tried the Westone UM1?

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #7 of 11
If you want more midrange details then JVC FXT90, FXD80, Sony EX600, RE0, Image X5, HF3, HF5 are great buy. The JVC FX3X offers deep punchy controled bass for more fun to listen and they are not very bassheavy like UE SF5EB.

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Monoprice 8320. 7 bucks. Sounds as good as Klipsch Image S4. Look into them.

+8. The Monoprice 8320 is easily the absolute best price-perfomance ratio ever conceived. Definitely get a pair.

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #9 of 11
Start with monoprice, but i warn you that they for some people can be very uncomfortable(theyvare hue). And you need get other tips, because standart are useless. You can get sony hybrid clones from ebay, or if you are short in money- get bi-flange tips from buyincoins.com for $1(3 pairs).
Then after about 3 months upgrade to audio technica ckm500 for $58, which sounds even noticably better, are realy comfy.

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Start with monoprice, but i warn you that they for some people can be very uncomfortable(theyvare hue). And you need get other tips, because standart are useless. You can get sony hybrid clones from ebay, or if you are short in money- get bi-flange tips from buyincoins.com for $1(3 pairs).
Then after about 3 months upgrade to audio technica ckm500 for $58, which sounds even noticably better, are realy comfy.

I disagree. While they do get a little uncomfortable for me after an hour or so, that happens with every IEM I've ever tried. Mine fit me just fine. I have heard that different people will get different fits. A good idea is to get some comply tips, which improve isolation, sound, and comfort. They are a tad expensive ($20) but it's more than worth it.

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #11 of 11
I found this incredibly helpful
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-267-iems-compared-fitear-to-go-334-added-12-16-12
For $30 I got Vsonic GR99's, and I'm very satisfied with them. What I hear, however, is once you pass about the $70 mark you will see a massive improvement.

The Vsonics are comfortable, but for me it was next to impossible to change the tips and get the right fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back