redgum's headphone amp updated info
Jun 11, 2004 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by taoster
Has anyone have or heard this particular amp? They've updated the page with more info since my last visit.

http://redgumaudio.com/rgi35HF.html

No, have not heard of Redgum, but it sure is an impressive looking piece. Could be a real option for all you Aussies and NZ types.

The only weird specs I notice are:

Power Output: equivalent to the Output of a mainstream "commercial" 200+200W/Ch RMS amplifier

Why not just state the power output in MW? This is at odds with their otherwise straightforward approach.

Peak Current: greater than 120 amps

This is surely a misprint! 120 Amps is more that most whole households use
eek.gif

The web info gives the impression that they offer personal service and consultation, and deal directly with consumers - always a good thing.

Why don't you get one, and let us all know how it sounds?
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #3 of 9
Yeah! Let us know how it sounds. Toaster's wallet has been unanimously nominated to buy this wonderfully delightly headphone amp. Ya know ya want it don'tcha.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 9
I'll nominate taoster's wallet.
biggrin.gif
the handle sort of sounds like "tester" too.
tongue.gif

it is a pretty amp at least.
smily_headphones1.gif
if it doesn't sound good, you can use it as an artwork to liven up your room.
tongue.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 9
Redgum is mostly known for their plate amps, which are incredibly expensive now as the prices generally went up about a $100 a year
eek.gif
But from what I've read is that they are of very high quality. If you have any interest I'd pick it up ASAP before Redgum begins their skyrocketing price hikes.

Jun 12, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #6 of 9
Hmmm, interesting amp. Redgum has quite a reputation in Aussieland. I'll see if they will allow me an audition as I can travel down to Melbourne.

The only thing I question is the inclusion of the headphone jacks at the back of the amp.... bit of a pain to plug in and out. What were they thinking?

Plus the total lack of technical specs is frustrating. The 200 mW figure is meant to be 200 Watt??? There are a couple of other typos as well... just as well that the best engineers don't have to spell well hey!

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Jun 12, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #7 of 9
Hey I just noticed that this amp has "Dual" volume controls. That is, one for each channel... that would be pretty hard to adjust I'd reckon. In fact, changing the volume could become a real choir.

TonyAAA

Jun 12, 2004 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 9
Ha! my wallet is willing but there's nothing in it.

the peak current 120 amp is correct, i don't know what that means but if you look at their other amps, its similar.

It does seem they'll customise the amp to your need which is a big bonus!

Jun 12, 2004 at 10:06 AM Post #9 of 9
I've mentioned this before a year and abit ago.

They didnt have it on the website though, it was a low volume thing.

I wasnt game enough to try it though since they were asking alot for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back